Hacking Question about Online and Gateway3DS

RikanProdigy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I just signed up after lurking the forums since the release of the Gateway 3Ds. I decided to purchase a 2012 3DS XL today at my local walmart. I'm aware that the new Pokemon games will be released in a few days and had a question in regards to the online functionality of the Gateway and Firmware spoofing. Please note that my knowledge on the Gateway and how it functions is limited.

The question: If I purchase a Gateway3DS and an authentic Pokemon game, could I use the firmware spoofing and play online with my authentic title? I know the game hasn't released but if anyone has managed to do the spoofing with an already released title and go online, it would be valuable information to me. Thanks and sorry if the question has been asked.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
It's more correct to say that retail cartridge games don't show up. My pre-installed Mario Kart 7 on the SD card shows up in Gateway mode.

Installed games show up yes
its because Gateway Mode modifys the Slot 1 Card Loader

also if you boot a Installed Game e.g Mario Kart 7, the game will be saved like a Gateway game and placed on the SD card iirc

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
so I was right :lol:

The 6.X series of 3DS updates were mainly to the effect of mii plaza and save backups, basically the baked in features and apps found on the 3DS.
The 5.X series of 3DS updates had the save backup and the sleep mode download for eshop.

Unless they changed the way games saves worked again like they did back then to basically stop the decrypting of XOR save dumps; the firmware spoofer will just work fine.

Either that or when game devs start to exceed the 1st generation 3DS game cart specs. That will probably be the only time where we will likely see a 3DS firmware update be required by a game that meets the 2nd generation 3DS game cart specs. That is at least 1-3 years from now. That will likely be somewhere in the 7.X or 8.X series of 3DS updates by then.

Zaneris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh so Gateway 3DS works on 6.x now?
Uh.. No.

It does however have no issue playing games made for FW 5.x minus MH4.
Technically there's no reason it can't play 6.x games either just pokemon x/y are the first such games so there's none to test yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay