Question about NNID

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by laurorual, May 28, 2014.

1. laurorual
    OP

laurorual GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Brazil
    Salvador - BA
    Ok I have a 3DS XL with newest firmware installed. I've got a NNID with some games on it, but I want to buy another 3DS with FW 4.5 and a gateway.
    If I format my current 3DS XL and log in my NNID in the 3DS FW 4.5 or in the emunand, will I be able to download those games that I have?

2. curley12

curley12 Mr.Awesome

Dec 24, 2012
    Somewhere
    from what i understand you should be able to redownload your games from eshop and NNID was on v7 onwards so emunand will have to be used

3. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pok├ębro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Yes, you can re-download your games from the eShop. However, the emuNAND currently does not support the 3DS' latest firmware, which means you're shit outta luck if you wanted to use the eShop on your 4.5 3DS since going into the eShop requires you to update to the latest firmware anyway.

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    i believe you would have to do a system transfer too, until you do, the games are tied to the first console and not downloadable on the second console, you cant just have them installed on both.

but again that requires emunand set up to the latest FW, and system settings is also broken, so no system transfer either

IronClouds likes this.
  5. laurorual
    OP

laurorual GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Brazil
    Salvador - BA
    So, to do this I would have to wait GW to release a fix/new version right? Do you know if it will take long to happen? At least now I know it is possible! Thx guys

one more question, which one do you prefer: one 3ds XL without gateway or a normal 3ds with gateway?

6. curley12

curley12 Mr.Awesome

Dec 24, 2012
    Somewhere
    well they said they was working on it and i prefer 3ds xl even without gateway

7. Heien

Heien GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    You should do a system transfer to use/download your games at another 3DS, NNID doesn't work like that.