Hacking Question about NFIRM downgrade

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
game loads fine, installed it on sysnand via freeshop since im on 9.2 and cant access eshop
emunand installation of legend of exidia is bought from eshop though

game loads, but i cant get the exploit to run after copying public.sav, game just loads as normal when i press continue

Sorry but It has to be obtained from eshop in order to allow access to NAND (the guide states this in a couple of places).

Since you are on 9.2 CTR-HTTPWN will not work for you. The part of testing the save is to make sure that it installed correctly, what version is your EmuNAND on?

This is tricky, I used 11.2 A9LH on SysNAND to downgrade my N3DS.

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but It has to be obtained from eshop in order to allow access to NAND (the guide states this in a couple of places).

Since you are on 9.2 CTR-HTTPWN will not work for you. The part of testing the save is to make sure that it installed correctly, what version is your EmuNAND on?

This is tricky, I used 11.2 A9LH on SysNAND to downgrade my N3DS.

EmuNAND is on the latest version. The reason im using emunand is because my NNID is there, i wanna transfer it to the new 3DS that im trying to hack. I know it has to be a legit buy from the eshop,
like i said, i bought it on emunand but i DID install it via freeshop onto sysnand cuz i know you have to have it installed on both nands, but freeshop is the only way to get it onto my sysnand.

I COULD update my sysnand, its already on a9lh, but still, how would i download it onto there if my NNID is on emunand..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

basically, better said:
is there a way to transfer my NNID from my emunand onto my sysnand...

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmuNAND is on the latest version. The reason im using emunand is because my NNID is there, i wanna transfer it to the new 3DS that im trying to hack. I know it has to be a legit buy from the eshop,
like i said, i bought it on emunand but i DID install it via freeshop onto sysnand cuz i know you have to have it installed on both nands, but freeshop is the only way to get it onto my sysnand.

I COULD update my sysnand, its already on a9lh, but still, how would i download it onto there if my NNID is on emunand..

If you are on A9LH, why not just flash your emunand to sysnand using hourglass9?

I did this when I realized the DSiWare game crashed on EmuNAND, worked like a charm for the rest of the process.

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are on A9LH, why not just flash your emunand to sysnand using hourglass9?

I did this when I realized the DSiWare game crashed on EmuNAND, worked like a charm for the rest of the process.

(my interrogation point key on keyboard is messed up somehow)

you can do that with hourglass..
didnt know
yea basically idc about losing what i have on sysnand, but i need my NNID to be preserved and eventually transferred onto the new3ds
getting it off of my emunand should help by alot
should i update sysnand before doing this, or just straight up load hourglass..

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y
(my interrogation point key on keyboard is messed up somehow)

you can do that with hourglass..
didnt know
yea basically idc about losing what i have on sysnand, but i need my NNID to be preserved and eventually transferred onto the new3ds
getting it off of my emunand should help by alot
should i update sysnand before doing this, or just straight up load hourglass..

What CFW are you using?

Don't worry about updating sysnand right now, you are going to overwrite it anyway.

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Y

What CFW are you using?

Don't worry about updating sysnand right now, you are going to overwrite it anyway.

Luma3DS
EmuNAND is just leftover from my GW, never got rid of it cuz of the NNID
alright ill setup hourglass payload
what option am i supposed to use..
backup emunand..
and then use that backup and restore it onto sysnand...

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma3DS
EmuNAND is just leftover from my GW, never got rid of it cuz of the NNID
alright ill setup hourglass payload
what option am i supposed to use..
backup emunand..
and then use that backup and restore it onto sysnand...

Yep, basically:
  1. Go to “EmuNAND Backup/Restore”, then select the “EmuNAND Backup” option to backup your EmuNAND to NANDmin_emu.bin
  2. Press (B) to get back to the main menu
  3. Go to “SysNAND Backup/Restore”, then select the “SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)” option to restore your SysNAND from NANDmin_emu.bin
Profit

Reactions: OrGoN3

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, basically:
  1. Go to “EmuNAND Backup/Restore”, then select the “EmuNAND Backup” option to backup your EmuNAND to NANDmin_emu.bin
  2. Press (B) to get back to the main menu
  3. Go to “SysNAND Backup/Restore”, then select the “SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)” option to restore your SysNAND from NANDmin_emu.bin
Profit

alright, doing the backup rn, will post back after testing exidia exploit again

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sick
it worked
thanks man
going thru with steel diver now
going to go thru with the rest of the process, will post back once its finished

Awesome, glad u had A9LH already on the o3ds, it makes it much easier.

Best of luck with rest of guide!

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, glad u had A9LH already on the o3ds, it makes it much easier.

Best of luck with rest of guide!

steel diver stuff went thru fine
Im at system transferring rn
On Source 3DS, im getting Error Code 014-0062 after I type in the password to my NNID

....now what :(

EDIT: it passed after like 5 times of trying

Last edited by juins,

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@el_gonz87

DONE
just troubleshooting something, GW tells me if i wanna fastboot sysnand and i read ppl get black screen once they say ok to this
got my nand backup in case anything goes wrong
anyways

everythings working!
what a pain in the ass

the non-firm method is much easier
thanks so much to everyone
def dont wanna hack a New3DS ever again in my life

LordWill072284

Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, following same guide for NFIRM download - however not on AL9H, just followed Temptress Cerise guide to get RedNand+Luma running

Have FBI installed on SysNand / installed .cia of Legends of Exidia and the full retail game purchased on EmuNand, but getting the same error has occurred like you did Juins, the error has occurred, please restart. Any help would be great to make sure this works before transfer.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, following same guide for NFIRM download - however not on AL9H, just followed Temptress Cerise guide to get RedNand+Luma running

Have FBI installed on SysNand / installed .cia of Legends of Exidia and the full retail game purchased on EmuNand, but getting the same error has occurred like you did Juins, the error has occurred, please restart. Any help would be great to make sure this works before transfer.

He injected his EmuNAND to SysNAND to make things easier.

To be honest, I'm not sure how that system transfer would work, my guess is the TWL from the EmuNAND would be the transfer so in theory you can skip this step if you installed to TWL on EmuNAND. This step is just for verification that you installed correctly.

You could try to proceed, but if my theory is wrong, the hax may not transfer and you would have to wait 7 days to transfer back and another 7 days to transfer and try again with another route.

Only other option is to get DSiWare working on EmuNAND somehow.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear, was the game pulled from the eShop when you did it? I have Fieldrunners, but it has been pulled. Wondering if I can still use it for DSiWare downgrade in the future.
Four Swords was pulled long ago, but Legends of Exidia is still available and works. To clarify, it still works even if it's been pulled.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Four Swords was pulled long ago, but Legends of Exidia is still available and works. TO clarify, it still works even if it's been pulled.
Awesome! Glad I have forced everyone I do the DSiWare downgrade for to give me back my NNID after 7 days, haha. Gonna have to keep doing that. Thanks for the reply!

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Figured what was wrong. - you have to copy the .sav file and install it on the Sysnand as well with the game with FBI on SysNand (installed Exidia from freeshop.) Got the boot.nds failure. So now moving on to Steel...

weird
i tried copying the public.sav file onto sysnand too, but just assumed that it wasnt working because the Exidia on my sysnand was installed thru freeshop, and didnt work cuz u had to have a legit copy of the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!