Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I have a question about that nethost.
When i use it i can stream the games from the PC trough the w-lan router onto the PSP right ?

1. how is the speed

2. any idea how fast data transfer needs to be to have the game with less or no lags ?
a friend sayed after i told him about the programm that he wants to try it using hamachi to stream trough the internet to his pc and than to the psp even thaught i told him it won't work ... but maybe i am not correct there ?

3. when i use that nethost can i still use the online modes in games or would it be to much to get the game trough w-lan and play online the same time ?

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Youkai said:
Hi,

I have a question about that nethost.
When i use it i can stream the games from the PC trough the w-lan router onto the PSP right ?

1. how is the speed

2. any idea how fast data transfer needs to be to have the game with less or no lags ?
a friend sayed after i told him about the programm that he wants to try it using hamachi to stream trough the internet to his pc and than to the psp even thaught i told him it won't work ... but maybe i am not correct there ?

3. when i use that nethost can i still use the online modes in games or would it be to much to get the game trough w-lan and play online the same time ?

1. The speed is okay. You get slowdowns during FMV, and the game can take a long time to load. I played Lumines and Castlevania over it.

2. That's not possible to achieve. The bottleneck is the PSP's wifi, not your router.
2a. You might be able to stream over the internet, but you would need to have port forwarding set on your router and know the IP address of your router as well. If you have a DDNS service set up, you won't be able to use it.

3. I never tried, but I strongly doubt it will work.

In all honesty, NethostFS isn't that great. USBHostFS is a better way to go.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
to 2

I would use Hamachi to create a "Lan" network btw it says the pc its a lan network ... so it would be same as sending the data trough a very slow lan to the pc of my friend and than to his w-lan router/stick to my psp

so no port forwarding and such ...

Question is mostly if 70kbs upload would be enough to "play" XD

3) i am currently using USBHost but the cable is just half a meter ... very annoying

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Youkai said:
to 2

I would use Hamachi to create a "Lan" network btw it says the pc its a lan network ... so it would be same as sending the data trough a very slow lan to the pc of my friend and than to his w-lan router/stick to my psp

so no port forwarding and such ...

Question is mostly if 70kbs upload would be enough to "play" XD

3) i am currently using USBHost but the cable is just half a meter ... very annoying

In regards to 2... You want your friend to stream games off your PC? Why go through so much hassle? It's a real pain. Just burn him some stuff on a DVD.

In regards to 3... You're screwed. Why not just play the game off your memory stick?

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
meh
sleep.gif

my friend does not have a psp but i want to stream my games from my computer to him to be able to play there without having to carry everything i have with me and so on ...

and i only have 4GB so i use this for some good games i can play from time to time and cable for those mega sized ones and or some games i rarely play.

just wanted to know if this might work so that i won't need to try and make all the work ... took me long enough to get usbhost to run proberly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse