Arnold Schwarzen

OP
Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of getting one of these sometime off eBay but I've got a question before I do. Are the colors on all the shells painted on (I know that silver and black is for sure)? I'm thinking of getting a red one and I have no idea if it is a solid red or some shiny glittery red paint or something similar.

faceless

pink sugar heart attack
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they seem to be just like the nintendo shells... a base plastic that is a solid color with a coat of the glossyish paint material over...

the #1 difference is the plastic is a bit 'softer' than real ds shells

Arnold Schwarzen

OP
Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Hm, well most DS' are like that it seems. I heard the red one may be the actual color of the plastic, which I'm hoping it is. I just wanna get a new shell where the plastic is not painted and one that isn't white. I saw some images of the red one and it doesn't look like paint either, though I could be wrong. I'm not even sure how different the red is on the Japanese Jump Superstars or US MKDS edition DS'.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I saw the black replacement shell and fell in love...
wub.gif

Unfortunately,

shell = Australian $6,
shipping = Australian $25

nyanya.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Not yet. But the DS Lite is extremely scratch-prone, and no doubt replacement shells will become available soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1