Gaming Question about my new PSP Slim (CFW 3.71 M33-2)

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Today I loaded CFW 3.71 M33-2 onto my new PSP Slim and I have some questions, which I hope some of you can answer me
wink.gif

- I read about a Kernel 1.5, which is only for PSP Phat if I understand correctly. But when I go into the M33 Recovery Menu, there's an option called "Game Folder homebrew" where I can choose Kernel 3.71 and Kernel 1.5. Can I use the option 1.5 with my Slim or will I brick the Slim?

- Are there any compatibility dirfferences for emulators between CFW 3.71 and the new CFW 3.90 M33-2?

Thanks for your answers
smile.gif

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Changing the kernel in the recovery menu won't do anything, 1.50 is not supported at all, unless you use the Time Machine program, which installs a bastard child of 3.40 and 1.50.

Emulators should mostly run the same on both firmwares, but you're likely to get more stability out of the newest version.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've wondered why DAX hasn't removed the option from the menu on slims. Since there is no 1.50 for slims then it won't do you any good to select it. Just set it to boot homebrew from 3.xx.

I believe there have been updates to some 3.xx emulators (and other homebrew) that require at least 3.80 but you really should update to 3.90 anyways because of the extra functionality provided with the official firmware (and of course some games require 3.80 as a minimum).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2