Wannabe Artist
OP
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've been shopping around for a monitor for my new PC that I'm going to build. The monitor I'm looking for should have glass/plastic protection in front of the LCD/LED screen. The reason I want a screen like that is because it doesn't hurt my eyes as much as other monitors. I've found the only screens like that are the HP ones but the problem with them is there's no HDMI for them. So this leaves me with a few questions. Do monitors with the protective screen with HDMI ports exist? Does the HDMI help make games look better?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Those protective screens you speak of can be obtained seperately. If the point of it is to protect your eyes, you can get an ion filter (or was it called ionised filter) which reduces emmissions directly into the eyes. If the point is just to make the monitor less bright, most monitors have a way to tweak the settings (usually via OSD) to reduce brightness or use warmer colours.

Keep in mind that these screens and filters will reduce the picture quality.

HDMI is exactly the same as DVI, so don't worry about the technical stuff. HDMI itself doesn't make games look better - that depends on the graphics card and the quality of the monitor. Any monitor with a filter over it will look no different to VGA, which is still capable of HD btw.
People only like HDMI because it's convenient, easy to use. And it let's them plug their Xbox360 into their monitor.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
OP
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Those protective screens you speak of can be obtained seperately. If the point of it is to protect your eyes, you can get an ion filter (or was it called ionised filter) which reduces emmissions directly into the eyes. If the point is just to make the monitor less bright, most monitors have a way to tweak the settings (usually via OSD) to reduce brightness or use warmer colours.

Keep in mind that these screens and filters will reduce the picture quality.

HDMI is exactly the same as DVI, so don't worry about the technical stuff. HDMI itself doesn't make games look better - that depends on the graphics card and the quality of the monitor. Any monitor with a filter over it will look no different to VGA, which is still capable of HD btw.
People only like HDMI because it's convenient, easy to use. And it let's them plug their Xbox360 into their monitor.
In that case I'm going for the VGA with the built in protective screen. Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-