Question about modding New Supper Mario Bros

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gizametalman, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Gizametalman
    OP

Gizametalman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    So... using Reggie and Koopatlas. Also, first timer.
    Right now I'm watching some Youtube Videos about Reggie, and it looks like an early Super Mario Maker tool.
    But I have a few questions.

1.-
    What do I need aside of Reggie in order to make levels?
    2.- Is it necessary to have the game's files dumped in my computer in order to "modify" (create) the new levels?
    3.- Do I have to download the Dolphin Emulator and the ISO in order to create the levels?

Any help with my doubts will be highly appreciated.

PS: I used this forum, because I thought that: "Well, I'm hacking the game in some way, so..."
    Also, I couldn't find a better forum that fits this topic.

Last edited by Gizametalman, Mar 14, 2017
  2. dheltibridle

dheltibridle Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2015
    United States
    1. If I remember correctly you don't "need" anything besides reggie. However if you want to edit textures or models you will need other programs.

2. You do need to pull the files from the game to use Reggie, however there is a pretty easy to use tool for this at wiibrew.org/wiki/Reggie!_Dumper

3. I don't think Dolphin Emulator is required, but it is a lot easier to test your game edits on it first before trying them on the Wii.

There used to be a good forum for NSMBW at rvlution.net but it has been down for a while and I don't expect it to come back up. You could try http://rhcafe.us.to/ as it has some NSMBW hacking even though it's main target is NSMB Wii U.

3. Gizametalman
    OP

Gizametalman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    Damn! That looks like a lot of work.
    Ok, thank you for replying. :rolleyes:

dheltibridle likes this.