Question about Modding/Hacking the PS3

Prime321

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recently bought a used PS3 Super Slim from my friend. It was never used much and is pretty much fresh out of the box and I am thinking about hacking it for some homebrew stuff.
Since this is my first Playstation and Sony console, Im not very familiar with the PSN stuff and Account stuff. I made a PSN account and bought some games there. The question is now, what are the chances of beeing banned and what do these bans do? I still want to enjoy the MP games I bought and not beeing unable to play anymore because of CFW.

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Firstly, you can't install any CFW on a super slim, you need to use HEN (which will let you do most of the thing you can do on a CFW).
As for the ban, make sure to create another PSN account to use on your PS3 because being banned on the PS3 makes the account banned on all platforms and you will lose everything you have (including paid games).

Also, if you want to play online, make sure to une tools like SEN Enabler to be safe, but there's still a chance to get banned, so remember to be careful

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A console ban means that the console will not be able to play online again, with any account banned or not, unless you acquire/buy a new system key only then you can play online again.
I would suggest using SENEnabler (as the guy above said), disabling cfw before you log in (just make sure to mount your game beforehand, because you can't do that after you disable CFW), do not use hacks/ModMenus/cheats/trainers etc. unless you really know what you're doing and how to edit/change files (Specially the COD games)..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unlike Nintendo, Sony is notorious for banning both system and account, which could affect multiple systems if you're using the same account. imo, with any system you plan to hack, I would use a throwaway account just in case something happens. there have been new patches in the way sony detects cfw, so spoofing is no longer an option. however, since you're using a superslim, you'll have to use hen. it's probably less likely you'll be banned with hen, but I would say there's no way to be 100% risk free.

Prime321

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry to revive this thread but I looked up some information regarding HEN. As I understood it, It wont activate when the system boots, therefore it should be safe going online with it disabled? I know it isnt a good idea to go online with HEN enabled but I mean if i install it and only use it offline? Or am I missing something?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably as safe as you can be, but there's no guarantees. if you hack or exploit a system, there's almost always a risk of a ban if you go online. though, I'd say the risk is very low.

Prime321

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its so hard to decide...im looking to buy a series x too for emulation purposes...i propably wont jailbreak

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do note that there are some issues with higher level emulation on the series x, not due to power, but like the ps2 emulator is in the alpha stages for example.

Prime321

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
do note that there are some issues with higher level emulation on the series x, not due to power, but like the ps2 emulator is in the alpha stages for example.
yah but i get a ps4 for free from my buddy so idk...also i got some games on my ps3 now too

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the emulation is quite good for almost every system I've tried on the series x. I bought a customized control from microsoft a day or two ago, and it's already shipped. it even has my handle, godreborn, engraved on it. I plan to post photos once I receive it. damn good ideas from that company.

Prime321

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the emulation is quite good for almost every system I've tried on the series x. I bought a customized control from microsoft a day or two ago, and it's already shipped. it even has my handle, godreborn, engraved on it. I plan to post photos once I receive it. damn good ideas from that company.
nice, i got a custom xbox controller from the design lab too :) and i hope the ps2 emulation will be better in future

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how the xbone and series x controllers can use batteries or rechargeable battery packs, and the rechargeable battery packs can be dislodged in case you want to recharge them unlike the ps4/5 controllers, where you better use a cable or put the thing on the charger after only like 7 hours. the rechargeable battery pack for the series x touts 30 hours. I have my computer set up to notify me when they're back in stock, so we shall see. the controllers on the switch have really good battery life, though not quite as good as the wii u, but they do have a lot more functions which probably eat away at it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all