Question About Micro Sd Card Readers

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Kurobon, Jan 7, 2010.

Jan 7, 2010
  1. Kurobon
    OP

Newcomer Kurobon Member

Canada
    Okay anyone who knows anything about flash kits, and even joe public know about Micro Sd card readers or of their existence anyway. I've heard they don't last very long, sometimes arrive dead on opening the package and die out quickly is that true? and if so the reason being behind it? I have usb drives that have lasted me years that I've gotten for like $5...I'm sure its different tech but could someone sort out my questions for me please?

2. Davess

Member Davess On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)

Canada
    Depends on the kind you get,

If it does brake, There like $5ish in canada, some even read like 5 other kinds of storage.

I've had mine for 2 years now, works like a charm

3. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    Most that come with a flash cart suck. I highly recommend the mobilemate by sandisk to transfer files to your microsd (thanks to pharaohsvizier for the tip). It's $10, but you get reliability and much faster transfer rates.

It feels amazing compared to normal ones.

4. cman1783

Member cman1783 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I, myself, just use a microSD to SD card adapter in my laptop. The microSD card readers that come with the AceKard 2i (the aluminum one) isn't half bad.

5. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    in order to low cost , flashcard producer get low price usb card reader . so quality is low and easy have dead on arrival or die within weeks.
    blame price wars for this

6. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Ironically, my 2nd MicroSD reader that came with a flash card has only just buggered up on me (the first didn't work when I got it) - those are the ones on the left

[​IMG]

The one on the right is what I use now (the Sandisk adaptor came with the MicroSD card when I brought it).
    It was originally brought for my Digital camera memory card since my PC card reader couldn't handle SDHC cards

- I've had no problems with it since I got it - in fact I now have 2 of these (1@home & 1@work)...... & the price of it

99p !!!!