question about lameboy for ds

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by kasek, Feb 13, 2010.

Feb 13, 2010

question about lameboy for ds by kasek at 7:51 AM (1,410 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. kasek
    OP

Member kasek GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have the lameboy emulator on my r4 and am having problems with it here are my questions

how do you save with it.... i was playing pokemon tcg and wrote in my diary but it didnt save and when i press R and choose save when i load it the screen is all glitchy is it even possible to save with this thing.?

Why do some games not work is it compatability or is it my rom or my emulator i cant get the following to work: animorphs, star wars empire strikes back, felix the cat, kirby's dreamland, mario tennis, men in black 1 and 2, spy vs spy, star wars episode 1 racer, star wars...

so ya any help is appreciated thank you

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    to save look at the bottom screen,see the Save slots?It's at "none",change it to 1 and save with that(real time save is better than saving normally anyway)

also remember lameboy isn't perfect,try the latest build,unless you are already in it,you might see some improvements

3. kasek
    OP

Canada
    hey thanks for the fast reply but i tried changing the save state and it worked i used 0 before and it didnt work.... but ya ill try the newest i think i have it but hopefully thatll fix it if not then i guess i cant play them then there isnt an option or anything that might need changing??

4. kasek
    OP

Canada
    and updating to v0.12 didnt help either it either loads the rom and goes to a white screen or it trys to load for a second and goes back to the game select screen

5. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    if it really doesn't work then I'll just assume you didn't DLDI patch it,so it's causing problems
    read
    http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/
    get your DLDI(R4 revolution,I'll assume your using an R4 clone,not an Acekard one,state your card and website please:))
    and the Win32 GUI then patch

6. kasek
    OP

Canada
    i no nothing about DLDI patch so prob ya if that could cause the problem umm im using r4 sdhc website being r4sdhc.com

so i downloaded the one for R4 revolution and the win32 GUI so ill have to figure out how to patch it in a bit as im watching the olympic ceremony right now but ya thanks for that do you have a link to a guide the instructions on the bottom of that page are kinda confusing me

thanks for all your help

7. kasek
    OP

Canada
    one thing i noticed i patched it it didnt help but anyways i noticed in animorphs for instance if i try and load it and look at the log it says "unknown MBC type eb" another says "Unknown RAM size e0" do you no what that means