Hacking question about installing *.rap files

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I want to play "the pinball arcade", and therefor i was advised to use the homebrew "PSNPatch" to activate the *.rap files, after i downloaded all apk's.

But psnpatch gives me an error about login to your account, i'm in my offline account and do not have an official psn account online.

After reading the official psnpatch tutorial some things are unclear:
1) do i need to register an account online before i can make use of psnpatch? (i dont have one atm, only an offline account)
2) do i need to enable some things in the psnpatch toolbox? or is this only when you want to play online?
3) Aint that risking my console to get banned sinds i'm using CFW / multiman, hd full of games :P ?

Sorry to ask these questions again, but searching on internet gives me many outdated/incomplete/ or not working results and it did not mention that it need an official PSN account online.

Thanks for helping the less familiar ps3 cfw users ;)

Last edited by defrb,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I want to play "the pinball arcade", and therefor i was advised to use the homebrew "PSNPatch" to activate the *.rap files, after i downloaded all apk's.

But psnpatch gives me an error about login to your account, i'm in my offline account and do not have an official psn account online.

After reading the official psnpatch tutorial some things are unclear:
1) do i need to register an account online before i can make use of psnpatch? (i dont have one atm, only an offline account)
2) do i need to enable some things in the psnpatch toolbox? or is this only when you want to play online?
3) Aint that risking my console to get banned sinds i'm using CFW / multiman, hd full of games :P ?

Sorry to ask these questions again, but searching on internet gives me many outdated/incomplete/ or not working results and it did not mention that it need an official PSN account online.

Thanks for helping the less familiar ps3 cfw users ;)
not that i have tried this myself but have you tried upgrading to the latest cobra/rebug cfw.

it claims in the notes (unless i am mistaken) that it can bypass licence keys such as this to make demo content (if it contains the full game) to become activated.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not familiar with PSNPatch, I prefer ReactPSN - you create a local user called literally "aa", put rap files inside an "exdata" folder on FAT32 USB in rightmost port, run reactpsn while holding L1 and check the new name of "aa" to see if they were installed correctly :)

Lots of other key combos - read the instructions (online or by pressing triangle > update history on the app)

Bans are more linked to log files with homebrew applications/not disabling CFW syscalls/games with AP like black ops 2, rather than games themselves
But if you don't use a PSN account and aren't going to sell the console, why care? :)

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it claims in the notes (unless i am mistaken) that it can bypass licence keys such as this to make demo content (if it contains the full game) to become activated.

True, but when i installed the pkg's (100% sure they are the full table version) it certainly did not activate them, maybe i'm installing them in the wrong way (i do it within XMB) I'm very new to ps3 hacking but maybe you can also install them with multiman within the Multiman XMB. will look into this ;) thanks!

Not familiar with PSNPatch, I prefer ReactPSN - you create a local user called literally "aa", put rap files inside an "exdata" folder on FAT32 USB in rightmost port, run reactpsn while holding L1 and check the new name of "aa" to see if they were installed correctly :)

Lots of other key combos - read the instructions (online or by pressing triangle > update history on the app)

Bans are more linked to log files with homebrew applications/not disabling CFW syscalls/games with AP like black ops 2, rather than games themselves
But if you don't use a PSN account and aren't going to sell the console, why care? :)

Was not sure if they could ban my console or anything evil :P Ive seen guys asking for ps3 serial numbers because their console was banned, but will certainly check out ReactPSN thanks for mentioning! ;)

Got a couple of options now, thanks a lot for helping out!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSNPatch is much easier than reActPSN but I use both for some purpose reasons. You could still banned. I recommend you to get other PS3 for OFW online only or deal with it because no matter what. You can always getting banned from it. I do not care about online so I am fine with offline myself.

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
rebug unlocks demo installs, full games still need .rap file.
what psnpatch is asking for is the aa user account, i wouldn't recommend using ReactPSN since is has no UI and restarts your console and renames thee aa user everytime you use it. psnpatch is just so much more convenient. and can be set up to read rap files from hdd so you dont need usb.

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rebug unlocks demo installs, full games still need .rap file.
what psnpatch is asking for is the aa user account, i wouldn't recommend using ReactPSN since is has no UI and restarts your console and renames thee aa user everytime you use it. psnpatch is just so much more convenient. and can be set up to read rap files from hdd so you dont need usb.

Does that aa account need to be made online, an official PSN network account? Obviously it seemed like it does, but just asking to be sure, otherwise i should install all kind of stealth homebrew to minimize the changes i get banned. The thing i'm scared of is that i can't login to my ps3 anymore (that's what a console ban does?) Online is not a real problem, got no account, was planning to go online with pes2018 but maybe i should just forget about that.

Thanks for clarify this subject ;)

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Does that aa account need to be made online, an official PSN network account? Obviously it seemed like it does, but just asking to be sure, otherwise i should install all kind of stealth homebrew to minimize the changes i get banned. The thing i'm scared of is that i can't login to my ps3 anymore (that's what a console ban does?) Online is not a real problem, got no account, was planning to go online with pes2018 but maybe i should just forget about that.

Thanks for clarify this subject ;)
no online or psn is needed for rap installs

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Thanks! now i have to figure out why psnpatch is complaining but will try this again ;)

Found out i do need a psnaccount, you need to sign your consoles spid or so, so that psnpatch can sign it to that account.
Got not much to lose sinds i just got a ps3, only online could be banned wich aint really a problem, just need to sign those rap files ;)

Last edited by defrb,

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Oh man, i messed it up lol. Made an aa acount logged into it, started up psnpatch, kept complaining about log in to your acount and activate the system? so i looked into XMB/settings, nothing about activate system or whatever, returned to psnpatch, opened toolbox and pressed triangle button (just because it said something about psn account, thought that would help), now my system locks up every time i boot it,
do i need to rebuild database, with the reset function? -.-

Last edited by defrb,

defrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I'm almost certain it do need a psn account online, you also need to download a demo or something, psnpatch says: subscribe at psn and activate your account in settings..
Thats why i tried triangle button in the toolbox (press select in psnpatch) to disable firmware, but that made my system lock up. The only way to get back my system was by entering the rescue menu and reinstall the cfw.

weird that its so complicated, so even if i want to use psnpatch it aint a possibility sinds it lock up the system when you disable the cfw..

Can anyone explain/help with a solution?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: