boingboing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I've been searching forums as well as general google searches and haven't been able to find the answer to this question:

Does Xecuter modify anything on the switch console to make SX OS run, or does it patch stuff in volatile memory?

I'm aware that when AutoRCM makes changes to stuff on console if you choose to do it, but if you don't.... any changes / alterations made?

I'm also aware that if you boot without dongle or without holding power + vol that it boots to OFW.

I guess I'm asking because I want to know: if you remove dongle and the jig, is everything on the switch as if you never connected an xecuter (ie: completely stock switch?) assuming you haven't installed any NSPs?

OR do you modify something on the switch by virtue of using the Xecuter and running SX OS?

Anyone know?

Thanks much!

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
everything out there is 'patching' the memory on bootup, via the 'recovery mode connection'

SX OS and ReiNX, hexkate are all 'injected' payloads, that then load a series of 'patches' or .kips', the only difference with SX OS, is all the modules/patches are integrated into one file 'boot.dat' instead of many files with config .ini script.

boingboing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there - so not to be completely obtuse, but I'm reading your response and what I'm taking away from that is that nothing is written to the console permanently ie: if you remove jig and xecuter, then it's as if you didn't ever touch / mod your switch?

If YES, then why are ppl saying that they'd get banned by using SX OS if they never go online with it active and haven't installed any NSPs?

Thanks for answering BTW!

boingboing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thanks - but one question - so your answer was a "Yes" to:

"nothing is written to the console permanently ie: if you remove jig and xecuter, then it's as if you didn't ever touch / mod your switch?"

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
OK thanks - but one question - so your answer was a "Yes" to:

"nothing is written to the console permanently ie: if you remove jig and xecuter, then it's as if you didn't ever touch / mod your switch?"

firmware wise, nothing is written to the console.

But nintendo has system routines called 'telemetry' that log various info, games you play, games you install, etc. - And that info gets stored on the console, and then next time you go online those reports get updated.

Now, the most recent SX OS has 'stealth mode' that blocks sending of reports and other online functions when you running 'sx os', but there is no guarantee that when you reboot into original os, some info is sent, which may result in ban.

Now people that just play XCI backups have been luck not getting a ban, compared to those that install NSP games (as more info is logged) when installing NSP and those games get added to your system menu.

But no one can 100% guarantee you will not get banned at some point, as nintendo is always updating and changing the info they record and increasing the amount of 'telemetry' even on 6.0 there is more reports now logged.

boingboing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was crystal clear. TY for taking the time to write that up. Very much appreciated!

I did a bunch of poking around, but at times the search brings back so much information and the threads are so long that it's hard to sift through at times...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...