Question about hotspots and tethering

StyKrnaN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good day,

I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff so I apologize if my question is hard to understand or it seems foolish. I would like to ask if it's possible to rebroadcast the Wifi from my isp(from a router) by using my Smartphone? Basically, what I'm asking is if it's possible for my smartphone to connect to my router's wifi, then rebroadcast that wifi by using my phone as a hotspot?

I'm asking cause I recently had a problem with my iPad2 which I accidentally dropped from my table and is now having problems connecting to my router's wifi. It seems it cannot detect the wifi unless it's a couple of inches away from the router. My android however can still detect the wifi from a few meters away. So I was thinking if it's possible to extend my router's range by using my android as some sort another router through hotspot and let my iPad connect to it by having it close.

I tried googling this but I can't seem to construct a proper search questin/query that will provide me an accurate answer.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
If your devices support bluetooth tethering, you can connect your phone to wifi and connect another device to your phone using bluetooth tethering. This also works with USB tethering

StyKrnaN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhm, how would I know if my device supports bluetooth tethering? And can you give me some instructions on how to do it? Really sorry for being clueless about this stuff.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
If your phone has Android 4.0 or newer go to settings -> More -> Tethering and portable hotspot -> Bluetooth tethering

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
AFAIK, You can't use your phone to loop your wifi, unless you use bluetooth tethering. Another way is to use Reverse Tethering (Android with root needed) and then use wifi tethering.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ