Hacking Question about holding out for 5.3.2 kernel exploit?

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have my original black 32gb wii u on 5.3.2 and blocked the list of urls on my router so that it couldn't update. Sadly I never dl'd the new updates/dlc to kart or smash before the 5.4.0 update came out, and now I can't get on shop without it. I really don't want to loose the potential to hack this system in the future so I have a kind of shady idea I wanted to bounce an idea off you guys to see what you thought.

I was thinking of buying a new wii u at costco, which by the way has a 90-day no questions asked return policy for electronics (pretty much no time limit for non-electronics btw). Can I do a system transfer (including nnid) from my 5.3.2 to my new system, update the new one. I would hope that within the 3 month(90 day period), before I have to return it, a kernel exploit is out. But my question is after upgrading the newer system to 5.4.0 or newer will I be able to transfer back to my 5.3.2?

Does any one have any helpful advice?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I have my original black 32gb wii u on 5.3.2 and blocked the list of urls on my router so that it couldn't update. Sadly I never dl'd the new updates/dlc to kart or smash before the 5.4.0 update came out, and now I can't get on shop without it. I really don't want to loose the potential to hack this system in the future so I have a kind of shady idea I wanted to bounce an idea off you guys to see what you thought.

I was thinking of buying a new wii u at costco, which by the way has a 90-day no questions asked return policy for electronics (pretty much no time limit for non-electronics btw). Can I do a system transfer (including nnid) from my 5.3.2 to my new system, update the new one. I would hope that within the 3 month(90 day period), before I have to return it, a kernel exploit is out. But my question is after upgrading the newer system to 5.4.0 or newer will I be able to transfer back to my 5.3.2?

Does any one have any helpful advice?
well wiiu transfer transfers everything and leves the other wii clean, so im preety sure if you tranfered your savegames and such to the new wiiu you older wiiu will be empty without nothing on it really.

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never tried a Wii U System transfer, but wouldn't it be like the 3DS' process? Where you have to update the FW and use the internet to transfer? Like I said, I've never had to do one on a Wii U, but I would assume you'd have to get online.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, you'd need to update them both before doing a transfer. So anyone who claims for the WiiU or 3DS to just buy a new exploitable one and sell off your old one, isn't thinking things through. You can't do a transfer, no deal. Well, I guess for the 3DS, what they say is use EmuNAND, and do a system transfer to the EMUNAND. Does that work? Can't do that with a Wii U yet, have to wait for EmuNAND.

quantumboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

However it is possible I suppose that I can transfer to new wii u and not transfer back till there is way to like emunand or something

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Darn...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

However it is possible I suppose that I can transfer to new wii u and not transfer back till there is way to like emunand or something
yeah like they said the wiiu tranfer system works like this both wiius will connect to the internet and update to latestest firmware and then they will switch with each other everything, this is made so people wouldnt clone consoles basicaly giving free installed games lol.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could create a second nnid on the new system just to play the new content for those games, not that expensive to re buy the dlc

Are your games all on disk? I have digital copies of most of my games, so I need a transfer or else I'd have to rebuy whole games. What aspect of the exploit are you even wanting in the first place? You want to develop yourself? You want piracy? You want game mods? What is it? Unless you want to develop yourself, why not just wait until what you want is ready before doing any weird 2nd console plans.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a used console only on eBay for $101 delivered. If you are a little patient you can get them for around $75, maybe less without cables.

quantumboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are your games all on disk? I have digital copies of most of my games, so I need a transfer or else I'd have to rebuy whole games. What aspect of the exploit are you even wanting in the first place? You want to develop yourself? You want piracy? You want game mods? What is it? Unless you want to develop yourself, why not just wait until what you want is ready before doing any weird 2nd console plans.
Yes I do have almost all disc copies. I do want to develop, game mods, perhaps piracy is a plus but not a factor in my decision.

Not a bad idea to buy one cheap, but the costco way effectively rents me a system for free, all be it some one shady

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I do have almost all disc copies. I do want to develop, game mods, perhaps piracy is a plus but not a factor in my decision.

Not a bad idea to buy one cheap, but the costco way effectively rents me a system for free, all be it some one shady

I spend well over 1k a month at Costco on average and they really are an awesome company. It is really not shady at all what you are proposing. I bought two soundbars in January and now the new models have come out and are much better. I asked a Customer Service rep about it the other day and he recommended I bring them back and get the new ones. They do so much volume that the returns are not a concern for them. They want you to be happy and continue spending your money there.

It is about the only place I know of you can return a new video game any time you want and get all your money back. Wish I had bought DLC Party 10 there.

quantumboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spend well over 1k a month at Costco on average and they really are an awesome company. It is really not shady at all what you are proposing. I bought two soundbars in January and now the new models have come out and are much better. I asked a Customer Service rep about it the other day and he recommended I bring them back and get the new ones. They do so much volume that the returns are not a concern for them. They want you to be happy and continue spending your money there.

It is about the only place I know of you can return a new video game any time you want and get all your money back. Wish I had bought DLC Party 10 there.
Thanks for the support

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol