Question about GBA compatibility

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by nickwhit, Jan 6, 2016.

1. nickwhit
    OP

nickwhit GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Ive been trying to get some GBA games running on my o3DS.
    Particularly DBZ: Buu's Fury - however every emulator Ive tried to run this does so at horrible framerates. I might have missed an emulator along the lines... but Im pretty sure I tried them all, to the same results. Is there some special trick or tool to get better performance or compatibility?

EDIT: DS played GBA perfectly. This game included. I dont understand how 3DS could still be so far behind in performance.

Last edited by nickwhit, Jan 6, 2016
  2. Drew That Gamer

Drew That Gamer weeb

Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    Arlington, VA
    GBA emulators suck right now. Give it some time, and we'll get to 60 FPS eventually.

3. jaksy

jaksy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2014
    United States
    kiwiis likes this.
  4. mediabob

mediabob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    It's not the hardware it's the software. The 3DS is entirely capable of emulating the GBA hardware wise but the emulators just are not mature enough. Playing them as cia is the way to go.

I remember back in the day when you couldn't even emulate an NES game at full speed on a PC. It just takes time to get there and I am not so sure how motivated they are to get a decent GBA emulator going on 3DS

5. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    DS played them natively. What you're trying to do is emulation.
    They can however be played natively through AGB_FIRM with cfw as mentioned above.

kiwiis likes this.