Homebrew Question about GBA compatibility

nickwhit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been trying to get some GBA games running on my o3DS.
Particularly DBZ: Buu's Fury - however every emulator Ive tried to run this does so at horrible framerates. I might have missed an emulator along the lines... but Im pretty sure I tried them all, to the same results. Is there some special trick or tool to get better performance or compatibility?

EDIT: DS played GBA perfectly. This game included. I dont understand how 3DS could still be so far behind in performance.

Last edited by nickwhit,

mediabob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the hardware it's the software. The 3DS is entirely capable of emulating the GBA hardware wise but the emulators just are not mature enough. Playing them as cia is the way to go.

I remember back in the day when you couldn't even emulate an NES game at full speed on a PC. It just takes time to get there and I am not so sure how motivated they are to get a decent GBA emulator going on 3DS

D

Deleted-236924

Ive been trying to get some GBA games running on my o3DS.
Particularly DBZ: Buu's Fury - however every emulator Ive tried to run this does so at horrible framerates. I might have missed an emulator along the lines... but Im pretty sure I tried them all, to the same results. Is there some special trick or tool to get better performance or compatibility?

EDIT: DS played GBA perfectly. This game included. I dont understand how 3DS could still be so far behind in performance.
DS played them natively. What you're trying to do is emulation.
They can however be played natively through AGB_FIRM with cfw as mentioned above.

Reactions: kiwiis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool