Homebrew Question about gameboy emulation

Zyfux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there currently any gameboy emulator on 3DS which supports the default original color palettes?

I played gameboy games using my Super Gameboy which had the feature, and I really hate to now play gameboy games without the added colors, its just not the same.

Here is am image of what im referring to http://i.imgur.com/JdEehvE.png
You can also read about it here http://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Game_Boy#Color_palettes

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep gameyob does that also let's you play the few gameboy colour games that had extra features on a gameboy advance in advance mode for example legend of Zelda oracle of ages had a extra shop and more rings to collect in advance mode

Zyfux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameYob does, I do believe. It also supports the GBC bootstrap if you want to use any of its default color palettes.
Yep gameyob does that also let's you play the few gameboy colour games that had extra features on a gameboy advance in advance mode for example legend of Zelda oracle of ages had a extra shop and more rings to collect in advance mode
Great, I'll give it a try. Thanks guys.
I assume this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/358701/ has the latest CIA of GameYob?

Im not really sure why the section doesn't have a sticky with links to release threads, for a bit of organization, but whatever.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, here you go. As for the lack of organization, it's too early in 3DS homebrew development to worry about that. It would take too much work to keep it organized when new things are still popping up every day.

Reactions: fmkid

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Retroarch's Gambatte core has a bunch of colour palettes built in as well, but it plays the games in black and white by default (it's easy to change). I'm not seeing anything about SGB palettes, though, which is strange, since the I'm pretty sure PC version of Gambatte can use them..

Zyfux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, here you go. As for the lack of organization, it's too early in 3DS homebrew development to worry about that. It would take too much work to keep it organized when new things are still popping up every day.
Thanks.
Gotta say I'm slightly disappointed by GameYob. It does support colorization, but the palettes are just made up random combinations, they are not the set Super Gameboy had.
It also doesn't seem to include any borders, not even a default one & I'm too lazy to go find one.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.
Gotta say I'm slightly disappointed by GameYob. It does support colorization, but the palettes are just made up random combinations, they are not the set Super Gameboy had.
It also doesn't seem to include any borders, not even a default one & I'm too lazy to go find one.
Well, a lot of 3DS homebrew is still fairly early in development. If you want feature rich emulation on an affordable handheld, I'd go with PSP or Android.

Zyfux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, a lot of 3DS homebrew is still fairly early in development. If you want feature rich emulation on an affordable handheld, I'd go with PSP or Android.
I don't think its really a question of development time with the issues I had.
Its not as if a feature is missing.

And yeah, I have a silver daxter psp, I know.

Besides that, I don't really agree with you that its fairly early, a year ago was early, and I don't agree with you that a sticky with a list of homebrew threads would be hard to maintain.
Less than one new program is released a week, so to maintain it we're talking about adding a new link to a thread once a week.
Its not like the thread has to be updated every time an update happens to the individual programs already created, since its only linking to the threads, not downloads.

Anyways I'll give Retroarch's Gambatte a try as suggested by daxtsu.

Thread over, thanks for your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol