Question about free dlc using gateway.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by triber, Apr 26, 2014.

1. triber
    OP

triber Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2014
    Malaysia
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    So. Final Fantasy Theatherythm Curtain Call has free dlc, My console is US. But the game is in JP. I tried to access the list from the game, but after saying preparing SD card, it just fails. I am guessing I would need a jp console for that to happen? or generally all roms can't access dlc? Rose of May is very tempting!

2. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    Gateway+ROMs can't connect online so why would it be able to download any DLC?

3. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    You can only download DLC for games from your region 3DS, otherwise the eshop will try to connect to the game's region eshop, which will fail.

bkifft, triber and gamesquest1 like this.
  4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    +1 for sharing the actual real infoz :P

5. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Note: that only apllies to DLC that goes through the eShop. Other types such as the Layton daily puzzles may or may not work (although I suspect they would).

6. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Layton DLC does in fact work. The only game I've found who can't access its eshop is Bravely Default. I've theorized that the reason BD doesn't work while others do is that BD has online functionality beyond DLC, whereas games like Layton, Fire Emblem, and Conception 2 do not.

triber likes this.
  7. triber
    OP

triber Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2014
    Malaysia
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Thanks for the reply and info. Sad. So even if I get a retail cart, it wont work. Rose of may, i'll wait for the localization.