Question about DSi battery problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by The Composer, Mar 8, 2011.

Mar 8, 2011
  1. The Composer
    OP

Member The Composer GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    1.- You see, Ive had a DSiXL for about a year or so. In the past few days, something weird happened to me. I was playing Pokémon Pearl (original cartridge) when I put the XL in sleep mode.

Then the wireless led (yellow) turned off and the blue led turned off as well. Then the red led turned on (then one it lits when you are charging the dsi).

The red led was flashing. I opened the XL (so it wouldnt be in sleep mode anymore) and the red led was still flashing. The weirdest thing of all is that it wont let me turn it off the power. No matter how many times I pressed the power button, it didnt work. Also, when I tried to charge the XL, no other leds flashed. The red charging led was blinking no matter what.

Suddenly, I mashed up all the buttons while trying to power it down and it worked. Sometimes when I put the XL in sleep mode this happens, and if I mash the button while turning it off I manage to shut it down and when I power it on again, it works just fine.

2.- The other day my girlfriend bought a DSi (not XL) for herself. The DSi has like 4 of use. She was playing with it now (on a flashcard, EZVi latest kernel) just fine, when her DSi turned off.

She cant turn it on. Whenever she tries to turn it on, a weird sound comes from the DSi. You can hear it if you get your ear close enough to the system. Then, when she turns it on, the red led flashes, turns the blue led, turns off and the red led flashes again. The screens go white and its like the system was about to boot but it doesnt.

If she tries to charge it, the red led still flashes.

Now, we both bought the systems in different places, and different times. My warranty ran out, and I dont have a technical service, so I will have to bear with this.

Her DSi is new tho, and her warranty is valid of course. What can we do, GBATemp?

I do think that this problem is some kind of bug that lets the DSi think it doesnt have enough energy to start or something.

Any help, please?

2. The Composer
    OP

Member The Composer GBAtemp Regular

Chile
  3. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    Send it in. This isn't a technical problem either of us (meaning us Tempers) need to solve.

Yours, on the other hand, I must say I have no clue what the hell happened to it haha. Maybe someone else will know...