Hacking Question about doing things without gateway 3ds

aalvi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a gateway 3ds, no issues here.

But my GF wanted to play some of my games so it occured to me that maybe I could buy her a 32gb SD card, use my gateway to setup her 3DS by installing the BigDevMenu cia files(whatever I need to install and uninstall cia without a gateway card). And proceed to get CIA games on the 32 GB.

Is this viable? I play my games through the gateway paired with a microsd, but could she roll with using just cia? any concerns, I heard a lot of odd things about cia files(like visiting a menu deletes stuff or something).

minipablo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As long as tour gf's 3ds is 9.2 or under you can downgrade vía browser exploit and install palantine's cfw. If its beyond 9.2 then bad luck, m8.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as tour gf's 3ds is 9.2 or under you can downgrade vía browser exploit and install palantine's cfw. If its beyond 9.2 then bad luck, m8.
Understand CFW is a pain and a learning curve. Creating cia files is also a chore.

If you want to create or download cia files then yes you can get by with one red card. If she gets out of gateway mode then the red card will be necessary to boot back into GW mode.

Having a GF that is dependent on you or more precisely your possessions is a decision you will have to make.

aalvi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah so I need to downgrade to 4.5, get her on CFW?

she does have 9.2 and I totally forgot that you need the red card to boot into the gw mode.

She has a couple of game cartridges like smash bros, would those still work by going back to 4.5/4.5 cfw?

I guess another way would be to have her stay in GW mode after I put her in there, and she just keep it in sleep mode and if shes leaving a game that soft resets(like smash), tell her to go to street pass so it preserves her emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare