OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I recently upgraded to cIOSX rev19. At first I installed with the default settings (IOS249, base 57), but I found Monster Hunter Tri froze after starting a new game. So I followed what others have said and I've switched to IOS249 with base 37, by running the installer again. Now MH Tri is running with no problems.

In the cIOSX rev 19 thread, supersonic5000 said:
QUOTE said:
37,38,57,60, or 70 can be used.
It depends which you use based on preference.
37 music games, monster hunter tri
38 most stable
57 faster
60 supposed faster online
70 same as 60
I recommend 57.

I've tried running Muramasa, New Super Mario Bros Wii while having cIOSX rev19 on base 37, and have yet to experience any slow down.

1. Has anyone experienced any slow down or problems with base 37?
According to supersonic5000, 57 is the fastest.

2. If I do find problems playing games, if I have to switch back to base 57, do I have to run the cIOSX installer again? (Is this the right method)

3. When I switched from 57 to 37, did that completely overwrite the base 57 installation? I'm trying to figure out if I'd have to keep switching between bases.

Thank you.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
1. IOS57 is faster in terms of USB speeds. There shouldn't be any slowdown problems from USB, no?
wink.gif

2. You need to delete the IOS249 and IOS250 with something like AnyTitle Deleter MOD before switching cIOS bases.
3. See #2.

Kira99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can you explain why IOS249 and IOS250 need to be deleted? When I installed cIOSX rev19 with base 37, I just installed over base 57. I haven't seen any problems playing MH Tri.

1. What kind of things can go wrong when not deleting IOS249 and IOS250 before switching cIOS bases?

2. Also why delete IOS250? I only choose IOS249 when installing cIOS. Sorry if I sound annoying, I'm still a noobie at this stuff.

Thanks

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
It's just a precaution, not a necessity. Changing bases by reinstallation seems to always work in my experience.

As for speed issues, you probably can stick with IOS37 as base without much trouble. The loading speed difference is minor.

Kira99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys for answering my questions.

I'm sorta glad that it's just a precaution, because I wouldn't want to delete any IOS's without backing up my NAND (I think that's the term) first, and I'm not totally confident in how to do that either.
huh.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could install cios249 rev19 base 37 and install cios250 rev19 base 57

Then all you would need to do is inside whatever usb loader your using change the ios the game uses.

You wouldn't install these using cios installers.Get the wad file versions from xzxeros guide at the top of the board and use wad manager to install them.

terryforever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
wasnt we install the latest cIOS,
will overwrite the old one??
still need to delete it wit Any title???

i also need to know tis,
my current version of cIOS is r14.

now i also confuse about the cIOS r19
wacko.gif

dunno install which better.
i already have cIOS 222/223 v4

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From the way i understand it if your upgrading cios from 14 to 19 for example there is no need to delete the current one before upgrading,but if your going from 19 to 14 you need to delete 19 before installing 14.

Kira99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
You could install cios249 rev19 base 37 and install cios250 rev19 base 57

Then all you would need to do is inside whatever usb loader your using change the ios the game uses.

You wouldn't install these using cios installers.Get the wad file versions from xzxeros guide at the top of the board and use wad manager to install them.

That's a clever way of doing it!
yay.gif
But I've never updated the cIOS with a wad versions...is Network Installation not good?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Waninkoko's installer installs whatever version you're installing to both 249 and 250 (the latter is sort of a backup), so no...for what you're trying to achieve, it is no good.
smile.gif

kira99 said:
I'm sorta glad that it's just a precaution, because I wouldn't want to delete any IOS's without backing up my NAND (I think that's the term) first, and I'm not totally confident in how to do that either.
The term "NAND" is correct (it's the hard drive of the wii). But "IOS" isn't exactly right. You see, IOS'es are the Input/Output Systems that nintendo included with the wii and that take care of all the normal inputting and outputting you need to do. However, as they kindly put more slots available in the wii than they needed to use, you can simply install new custom made IOS'es (cIOS'es for short) to empty slots. It also means that you can safely install, uninstall or overwrite any cIOS that your wii has...it won't affect the actual working of your wii. As a rule of thumb: any number above 200 is a cIOS and can be modified without a problem or even a need for a backup.

Not that regular back-upping is a bad idea, of course (searching for "bootmii" will give you the answers you might need).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: McDonald's pizza was pretty good 🥰 +1