Question About CFW

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by hehk1234, Aug 19, 2018.

1. hehk1234
    OP

hehk1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Have another cfw with ability to run backup loaders (nps) like reinx ?

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Every CFW can run nsp now (with correct patches)

Vorde likes this.
  3. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    Are you asking if there are other CFWs that have the ability to install NSPs like ReiNX?

4. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    ReiNX isn't a CFW, it's a starter pack. The CFW they all use is the same, Atmosphere. They use that and apply their own patches to make backups work. And yes, all the packages or cfws if you want to call them that, they all have sig patches

5. hehk1234
    OP

hehk1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    for sure, but you have link with the Topic about this other cfw's ? I will aprecciate if post here, I don't find.

6. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    They are all in the same Switch Discussion Forum you posted this in, don't be lazy

7. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
  8. hehk1234
    OP

hehk1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Sorry for my noob topic, but I forget my switch in closet, now I pick up it again to see scene hack. For my understand, this CFW "RaJNX" what's the difference between hekate and Reinx ?

9. thorasgar

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    In very simple terms Hakate is a tool for backing up Nand and launching CFW (ReiNX or RajNX).

hehk1234 likes this.
  10. hehk1234
    OP

hehk1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Ok, Thanks. Have any hacker work on permanent CFW ? Without necessary to inject everytime playload when I restart my switch, something like luma3ds

11. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Not possible at this time. You can, however, leave your Switch on sleep mode instead of turning it off completely

Last edited by Ashura66, Aug 19, 2018
    hehk1234 and thorasgar like this.
  12. thorasgar

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    The
    I am in stitches.:rofl2:

Canna and Vorde like this.
  13. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    This is what i get for having sausage fingers XD. And trying to type too fast in the complete DARK

Vorde and thorasgar like this.
  14. hehk1234
    OP

hehk1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Understand, I put the CFW @thorasgar recommend, thanks it work very nice, don't crash or freeze when I open saved nps file, on Reinx sometimes it freezes the system and I need turn off every time my switch, and battery usage is very annormal, now it's ok.
    I will look to use ftp mode to transfer the files, switch hack scene goes very well.

Last edited by hehk1234, Aug 19, 2018
  15. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    I should warn you that transferring files over FTP, especially large files like actual NSP games is very, VERY slow, at last for me it was and i have a damn fast internet connection

16. hehk1234
    OP

hehk1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    no hehehe, I don't like to transfer nps files via FTP, because when I need to install, the same problem occur on 3ds, "double memory occupation". So it's better to use freeshop for NX.
    FTP I will transfer roms like GBA, bios for PSX and whatever else.
    I can update the games nps from eshop or it will ban my console or crash my game ?

17. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    If i were you i wouldn't use FreeShop. On the switch, the security measures are so high that not only will you be banned from online gaming but also from the E-Shop AND from even getting firmware updates.So if you want to avoid a ban like this you should download the files using your pc, place them on the SD card and then install them. And yes, you do need a card with double the amount of space required but just get a 128 GB card and you should be good

Quantumcat likes this.
  18. hehk1234
    OP

hehk1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    But when I install NPS game, sometimes eshop request to update it, can I ?

19. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    You can start the game without updating it. But if you really need to, game updates and DLC can also be downloaded onto the pc using the same method. Now i can't link you the stuff but google something called CDNSP

hehk1234 likes this.
  20. hehk1234
    OP

hehk1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Ok, but don't have problem to use freeshop, have an option you can block to send your privaci information for Nintendo, on this way if you don't use hack on games, Nintendo can't see if you play "cracked" games. Have 1 week I don't get any ban here. I just get problem with battery usage and freezes on Reinx.