Question about botnets

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So theoretically if I created a botnet and had thousands of computers on it, then could I send them to a youtube channel I created to get more views and likes?

No, I'm not going to actually do this

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you could. You'd also want to couple it with a SOCKS list. If you don't YouTube will shut you down pretty quickly.
so then if I used this, would youtube actually send me checks? I mean first I gotta get at least 1 million computers then if all 1mil like the video it could go pretty well

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
No, I'm not going to actually do this
yeah right....

i don't care if you do it or don't, pretty much almost everyone does rent farms to get thousans\millions of views..
you can also do that with likes, upvotes etc..
keep in mind, youtube can find out and might shut you down

but please, don't come with "no i am not going to do it"

Reactions: ThoD and Seriel

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
so then if I used this, would youtube actually send me checks? I mean first I gotta get at least 1 million computers then if all 1mil like the video it could go pretty well
Sure, if you only used them once. That's why you need a fairly large SOCKS list for the bots to cycle through so they seem unique.

Eastonator12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah right....

i don't care if you do it or don't, pretty much almost everyone does rent farms to get thousans\millions of views..
you can also do that with likes, upvotes etc..
keep in mind, youtube can find out and might shut you down

but please, don't come with "no i am not going to do it"
well when I said "i'm not gonna do it" i mean I probably don't have the skill to do it in the first place

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
the ammount of time and money you will waste, you won't get free money by it.. better get a real job, or actually deliver good content that brings you real people

however it is an investment for some channels, they waste loads of money in farms earlier to get a spotlight so in the long run when they start having real views and stuff they start to get their money back and eventually if they keep having success with the videos, a profit

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
the ammount of time and money you will waste, you won't get free money by it.. better get a real job, or actually deliver good content that brings you real people
Pretty much this. You'll have to worry about buying a bot (free ones are garbage) or renting someone's botnet, and they tend to charge by the hour. If you get your own bot you'll also have to buy a crypter to bypass AV detections (these are usually sold as monthly subscriptions), and then you'll have to figure out a niche way to spread your bot inconspicuously. It's a ton of work and money for little yield unless you devote all your time to building the botnet.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if google didn't have one of the finest bot detectors on the planet the way youtube content growth appears to work right now means you would only be shooting yourself in the foot by botting it at such a low level. If you are going to defraud ads there are better ways to go about it, and ad fraud is still more money laundering than fraud from what I can tell.

Take it even more basic

Right now you like (or watch) a video and it goes into a list.

Google does not send all subs/watchers/likers all of your next videos but only a select random portion thereof.

Your subs/watchers/likers being comprised of bots sees no returning viewers and the algo notes this.

The suggestions appear to have failed and you then have a one hit wonder viral video.

For the amount of effort I would sooner do a pump and dump approach, coupled with good content.

Reactions: Joom

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I've never view botted because I never cared to, but I have ran an ad clicker at one point in time. It seems it was vastly easier than view botting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: