Hacking Question Question about Auto-Rcm

TheMagicMan

A Person
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hacking with the jig every time is really annoying and im not sure if I have auto rcm enabled or not. Would auto-rcm hack the switch every time I restart? It's really annoying every time it dies or I power it off and I need to go about the process of putting in the jig and plugging it all in.

Puppydogpals

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you will need to insert jig on every hard boot

Just keep it in sleep mode. Atmosphere and sxos can reboot to cfw from error and normal soft reboot

Only other alternative is an internal mod chip

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just to clarify: with AutoRCM you don’t need the jig anymore. The dongle or some other way of pushing the payload is still needed of course.

Reactions: Lacius

Puppydogpals

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to clarify: with AutoRCM you don’t need the jig anymore. The dongle or some other way of pushing the payload is still needed of course.
Haha that I meant yes to dongle/phone/pc for payload not not jig

I presume that's what OP was on about and I just agreed instead of correcting my bad sorry

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Puppydogpals,

TheMagicMan

A Person
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait sorry if im a bit confused now. If I enable Auto-rcm and say my switch dies or powers off, how would I then re-hack it. Could I just hold a sort of button combo and plug my switch into my computer, or do I need the jig to do it?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AutoRCM replaces the need for a jig only. If you turn it off or the battery dies when you press the power button you already be in RCM. Just a black screen on your switch. You'll still need to plug it into a PC or a dongle or phone to "hack" it.

No button combo needed. Just regular power button will always send you to RCM

TheMagicMan

A Person
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AutoRCM replaces the need for a jig only. If you turn it off or the battery dies when you press the power button you already be in RCM. Just a black screen on your switch. You'll still need to plug it into a PC or a dongle or phone to "hack" it.

No button combo needed. Just regular power button will always send you to RCM

Ah makes sense, gotcha. If incase you didnt have the dongle on you, is it still possible to boot normally?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: