Question about Action Replay for Gamecube...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DarkMario616, Apr 17, 2009.

1. DarkMario616
    OP

Member DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Now, I'm not really sure how to use it, since Nintendo blocked it in some firmware update, but yes, I want to know how. I thought of several solutions and really don't know which is best or easiest, or even possible.

1) Use the gamecube backup loader, use the action replay, then switch discs. Is this possible? Could I use my real life version of AR too, or does it have to be a backup?

2) Take out my damn gamecube lol, too lazy really [​IMG].

3) I remember a cheat file thingy for wii, ocarina, is there one for gamecube? or does it do both?

Thanks [​IMG]!

2. Helsionium

Member Helsionium Alpha and Omega

Austria
    I never tried it, but Backup Launcher might work, but the original probably doesn't work, because I believe Nintendo blocked it in System Menu and MIOS. I've tried numerous times, but you'll just recieve an error message if you "succeed" to boot your original AR disc.
    Ocarina does not currently work with GC games or AR codes.

3. mariomaniac33

Member mariomaniac33 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wrong. Nintendo only blocked it in the MIOS. As a result, you can downgrade your MIOS to v4 to make Action Replay work. MIOS v4 can be found in the 2.2 update (if you have Super Paper Mario, rip the update out of that). Besides better security against hackers, there aren't any major updates in the new MIOS and therefore no advantages of having the latest MIOS.

If you boot Gamecube backups through a softmod of some sort, I wouldn't recommend this as you will remove your cMIOS in the process. If you are, however, one of the few that still uses hardmods (like me [​IMG]), this method is the most efficient one available.