Gaming Question about 5.0 M33-6

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just curious of about how much it increases the loading speed, my friend said he read somewhere that it makes a .cso load as if it was an .iso. But im guessing it also drains more battery.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I haven't done extensive testing, I have not noticed any increase in my game loading times, whether they be ISO, CSO or PSX Eboots. but I still ticked the option for the hell of it.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also have this option enabled and i notice a little improvement, but not that great. i have my psp clocked to 333 as well. im seeing if having this memory stick option enabled if my battery life would less than if i just my psp set to 333.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
I was just curious of about how much it increases the loading speed, my friend said he read somewhere that it makes a .cso load as if it was an .iso. But im guessing it also drains more battery.
I hope you mean decrease
I've sorta tested this, when my cousin first got his PSP, we wanted to play Dissidia, and mine would load faster because we didn't enable it yet on his.
And by the way, I keep my Dissidia CSO with Level 9 Compression.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err yeah typo xD, and how much faster is faster? I just noticed when i had it .cso'd i kept getting this kinda, frame-rate hiccup that would get annoying at times. I might leave dissidia alone, but i still think i'll try it with others.

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Well it improved in Gitaroo Man Lives!.

On UMD it takes about a minute to load a stage.

After putting it to a cso on the Memory stick it took about 5-6 seconds or so.

After this it takes a second or two.

Seriously, I don't get it but it's awesome.

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez, the majority of you guys all have RPGs on your PSP. I've got platformers, shooters and fighters....And fl0w wherever that belongs.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Devil May Cry said:
Geez, the majority of you guys all have RPGs on your PSP. I've got platformers, shooters and fighters....And fl0w wherever that belongs.
If it makes you feel better, I only have one RPG and I also have fl0w... In all three of my memory sticks.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Devil May Cry said:
If it makes you feel better, I only have one RPG and I also have fl0w... In all three of my memory sticks.
Well you have too many memeory sticks?
I only have 1.
frown.gif

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few rpgs on my psp, ffix, star ocean 2 (though I have a feeling I won't like this one) and ffcc is sort of an rpg. along with final fantasy tactics, katamari, flow, loco roco, patapon, ghost & goblins, everyday shooter, both wipeouts and echochrome.. I have too many games to play!!

not that I'm complaining.
biggrin.gif

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Devil May Cry said:
I've got 2 Memory Sticks (8 GB and 4 GB) but I've only halfway filled my 8 GB. I think I lost my 4 GB...

f00had

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering... Can you enable the speed up thing if you've got fatmsmod? Cause I was reading about the update and it said not to enable it if you've installed fatmsmod, and I don't know what a DDC is to make the PSP back to normal :S

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
313 ftw!

Anyway if you've installed the fatmsmod patch you'll need to reflash the firmware to rewrite over your changes (unless of course you kept the original file from your flash0 that you replaced....). The easiest way for you to do this would be to use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher (instructions in the readme) and completely reflash your firmware which will eliminate the patch. You can then enable the speed up function.

f00had

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright so I used the Hellcat thing, picked M33 and told it to delete all my settings and it installed M33-4. So now I downloaded and installed M33-6 w/ and using the mem stick speed hack, haven't noticed any real difference :S Ridge Racer 2 CSO still has a bit of slowdown, so i'm not sure if I did it right?

BTW how's 313 holding up? Ain't been there in ages lol, got banned and cba to make another account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but... +1