Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey all
This is my first post here
How u all doin?

Right was wondering if you great guys can help me out.
Recently purchased a vita slim from a guy.
Its jailbroken and on 3.60 henkuku

The guy took out his sd card from sd2vita adaptor and sent everything to me.

I didn't touch the vita just deleted all icons of games and his apps as their installation was gone in that sd card of his.

Formatted a new sd card and co figured it by copying all files from ux0 and then installing it through vitashell ans autoplugin.

Installed pkgj app as well but strangely smaller 200 to 300mb games can be easily downloaded via pkgj but anything bigger it gives error and i have to reboot the vita.

So first wish to ask if its normal if not how can i fix this.

To bypass this i download nonrpdm files and transfer them to sd aka the new ux0 and install them via vitashell ans they work fine

The second query is.. Can i copy my sd card to a new higher capacity sd card and use the new one??? Will this work without any issue? And ll my games and the saved data will automatically be synced through the new sd card

I have already formatted the new card and flashed the zzblank image to it and formatted again afterwards.

Please help and suggest what you think
Thanks
LD

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is not normal, no. I've never heard of that problem. what version pkgj are you using?

yes, no issue putting stuff on new card. the file that makes your games appear is the app.db in ur0:shell/db/app.db I'd strongly recommend backing it up. these are the important files that I know of for the vita/pstv, so might back them up:

upload_2020-9-28_14-49-27.png

~=/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ur0 = ur0/appmeta btw. I back up the whole folder. this is your icons and backgrounds in case you ever want to use custom ones. rebuilding the database will remove them.

Reactions: Lorddredd

Lorddredd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thans a lot for such quick reply [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Well i ll reinstall pkgj and see, but tbh i am more comfortable downloading stuff on pc ans then transferring them to vita so this doesn't bother me one bit.

I ll surely backup everything before copying the sd

There was another thing, although the guy had signed out from his psn account but vita still has it and i can see a screen where his user id and pass are already added and i am being asked to log in (though I have logged in at all)

Is there a way i can remove his account, I dont and won't download games from psn ever plus i am not interested in muktiplayet games etc where ur psn account is needed.

Is there a way i can remove his account thoroughly and may be add mine or not add any at all?! Of course I do t wish to lose jailbreak at all

Thanks

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if you'll lose the jailbreak (can't remember), but it's easy to get back especially on 3.60. the only way I know of to get rid of the account is a system restore in the recovery menu. I think this will also format the memory card. unfortunately, the vita can only have one account unless you use account switcher (which is another option). I had a banned account, so I did system restore. account information is located in vd0/registry/system.dreg , which is one of the things I backed up. I don't really know what ireg is for, but I know you can't use registry editor on the dreg without ireg. I wouldn't mess with it though.

Reactions: Lorddredd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1