Quality-Instructions Check

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by I2aven's_Sag, Dec 31, 2010.

1. I2aven's_Sag
    OP

I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Northern Virginia
    Guide is from notebookreview. Wanted to get an outside opinion. Will probably perform the upgrade tomorrow.

Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?tdlm7oowwe830t6

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Link is dead to me. You just want a wafer-thin and even layer with no bubbles if you can manage it. The Zalman thermal paste I use comes with a brush to make it as easy as applying nail varnish.

3. I2aven's_Sag
    OP

I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Northern Virginia
    Ahh that's unfortunate. I ordered some AS5 & Cleaning Solution to use next week, should get here by Tuesday. I'll re-apply that paste then, right now it's a crappy layer of OCZ Sidewinder (was my first time applying any type of thermal paste). Probably going to end up ordering a laptop cooler too, GDDR5 memory is definitely going to run hotter than GDDR3. I've heard you can use credit cards & so on as well to spread the paste.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LMY3MM/ref=oss_product

Little worried about the application (since this one didn't go so well). From what I've been told, it's better to use less then a lot, and that the heatsink should spread it fine (so you don't have to worry about the creation of airbubbles). As always, thanks for the quick response Originality.

4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    I just use the line method

basically just put a line of thermal paste down the middle of the chip
    then plop the HSF on, the pressure from the HSF will spread out the paste evenly

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice