Hacking qcma backups and sd2vita problem

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,
I have a sd2vita. It work well with my 256 card but I try to put my games from qcma. It worked but I have so much games that my battery died before it finished (I tap on cancel before and I shut down manually) and now I have 98gb used for vita app and 125gb for "other used by the system".
What can I do ? Is there a way to restore my games from qcma with just my SD or without using my vita battery ? I have a pstv too.
NOTE : thanks to the moderator for changing the title.

Last edited by Cortexfou,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah there's no point in using QCMA anymore really. You should be able to move the files from PC to the microsd directly. Or just do them in smaller chunks.

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Because I didnt know it was possible. I just have to move the qcma vita app folder to my sd ?
do them in smaller chunks ?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just delete everything from the folder you transfered everything 2. And then when done transfer it manually with your sd in your pc.

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Delete what folder on the sd ? What folder from qcma can I move ? All my games are already in qcma and what I want to do is put them on my vita.
My qcma files haves differents files than the games on my sd. I still just need to put them on it ?
Edit : when I put my sd in the pc, I didnt see the famous "system files" that take so many space. How can I make them disapear on my vita ?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Delete what folder on the sd ? What folder from qcma can I move ? All my games are already in qcma and what I want to do is put them on my vita.
My qcma files haves differents files than the games on my sd. I still just need to put them on it ?
Edit : when I put my sd in the pc, I didnt see the famous "system files" that take so many space. How can I make them disapear on my vita ?
since you used qcma check the video or psp update folder where you tried to transfer the games 2. Don't delete the folder but what is inside of that folder you need to delete and don't use qcma anymore since you don't need it if you use sd2vita

Last edited by kumikochan,

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I didnt transfert any vpk ou mai thing by the video tips it's the games and saves installed on my vita who are on qcma..

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I didnt transfert any vpk ou mai thing by the video tips it's the games and saves installed on my vita who are on qcma..
In your first post you said you were transfering and you pushed cancel wich means the data is partially present in those folder i told you about

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The folders on sd card where app vita games are installed is hidden by default. You will need to turn on “show hidden system folder” in your windows 10 folder option menu

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I transfered the games app data on qcma (that was installed on my vita previously) to my vita and I cancel it because I ran of batteries. And I didn't have any folder who take the famous 125gb so I can't delete it.
Kawaii I know that and it doesnt help. the qcma files are ".psvimg" files and it's not that at all on the vita card. The folders aren't the same too.
Never mind, I'll transfert the games by little baby step instead of all in one. It'll take sooo much time...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Right, since you guys don't seem to understand, he's transferring legitimate CMA backups, not homebrew or vpks renamed as .mp4s or .mp3s or anything. Actual CMA backup games.

@OP, check the app folder for the title IDs of the games you were transferring, and delete them if they're even there (I doubt it).

If none are present, check and see if ux0:/ptmp exists, and if so check and see what's in it. This is essentially a temporary folder where some "failed" or cancelled installations go to. You can just delete everything in it if you'd like, it won't hurt anything. That should be where a majority of the data is for a failed transfer.

You could also try rebuilding the database. That should clear up any failed CMA transfers IIRC.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Right, since you guys don't seem to understand, he's transferring legitimate CMA backups, not homebrew or vpks renamed as .mp4s or .mp3s or anything. Actual CMA backup games.

@OP, check the app folder for the title IDs of the games you were transferring, and delete them if they're even there (I doubt it).

If none are present, check and see if ux0:/ptmp exists, and if so check and see what's in it. This is essentially a temporary folder where some "failed" or cancelled installations go to. You can just delete everything in it if you'd like, it won't hurt anything. That should be where a majority of the data is for a failed transfer.

You could also try rebuilding the database. That should clear up any failed CMA transfers IIRC.
I know hence why i stated the Psvita folder for psp etc.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I know hence why i stated the Psvita folder for psp etc.
And why would Vita games be in either of those folders? Again, he's transferring legit CMA game backups, they don't go into the "video" or "psp update" folders as you suggest. You also then recommended he stop using QCMA...but you have to use QCMA for CMA backups, SD2Vita or no. So no, I don't think you understood what he was talking about.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And why would Vita games be in either of those folders? Again, he's transferring legit CMA game backups, they don't go into the "video" or "psp update" folders as you suggest. You also then recommended he stop using QCMA...but you have to use QCMA for CMA backups, SD2Vita or no. So no, I don't think you understood what he was talking about.
Well that's how i transfered it oh well. The op should atleast mention that he is using that wich he didn't. But oh well, case closed. He got the help he needed

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I thought it was obvious.. I mean, the usb fonction in vitashell is out since a long time so of course it was not about the mp4 or PSP update thing...
And qcma is specificaly made for cma backup so..
Thanks Tom. There are no folder (my vita say only 6gb free and my pc say more than 100) so I deleted everything and now all my GB on vita are back. I dont know what that was but I restore my games by packs now. Not all in one. I hope that ll work

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nope. Same problem. I restore my games 10 by 10 with no "cancel" and now I have on 238GB total, 148 GB for vita app and 88 GB "used by the system". And when I put the SD in my PC, I have 78,3 Go free... So, what are those "system files" for and where are they ? (nothing at all in the ptmp folder). If I rebuild the database with the recovery, am I gonna loose all my games on the card or not ? I don't want to do il all over again... :(
If I fill the 78 GB via my PC with files and then I put the card back into my vita to delete these files, it will free up the space maybe ?
Update : I rebuild the database but it's the same. Nothing change...

I think there is a file in the card that say to the vita that there are 88GB for the system but where is it ?

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry for triple but update if someone have the same problem :
So I fill the 78 GB via my PC with files and then I put the card back into my vita to delete these files with vitashell and it worked !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-