Hacking [Q] System transfer for DSiWare Downgrade

clancy94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I have both a N3DS and a O3DS with CFW (Luma), and I wanna downgrade my friends N3DS. Knowing you cannot transfer N3DS to O3DS (without calling Nintendo), N3DS to N3DS seems like the way to go BUT...
Will i be able to use my N3DS during the 7 day cooldown period? (i wanna be playing Pokemon Moon) :P

Cheers

Last edited by clancy94,

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Back up your O3DS, format it and buy the exploit game, transfer that to your friend's N3DS. Ask your friend to pay for it. I think it's better than doing 2 transfers and wait 1 week for that.

clancy94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Back up your O3DS, format it and buy the exploit game, transfer that to your friend's N3DS. Ask your friend to pay for it. I think it's better than doing 2 transfers and wait 1 week for that.

Hmmm but if i was to transfer my N3DS to his N3DS can i still use mine to play games etc... (just no online coz no NNID)

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes, of course. If you follow Plailect's guide, you will restore the system right back and can call Nintendo and have them do the transfer back on their end and you'll have it back early. Usually takes half a day after you call.

clancy94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok so ive officially hacked my friends n3ds using the dsiware HAX. When I restored my backup of my sd card on my DS, nothing is restored? It doesn't even show fbi or home brew? Surely my 3ds is still running luma? What have I missed here...

*EDIT*
I remember making a decrypt9 backup, so I feel like maybe that's what I have to restore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by clancy94,

clancy94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you restore the Nintendo 3DS folder? All your installed apps and games are inside there.
Yeah. It booted up my 3ds as a fresh 3ds though? Because it had to do a system wipe when I was system transferring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-