Homebrew [Q] Developers, did you want your software to be downloadable in the next "SOON!" version?

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Homebrew developers, did you want your software to be downloadable in the next "SOON!" version?
If so, please post here your software's name, the CIA file, any extra required files and a 184x165 PNG icon.
It will be like "DownloadMii" but for CIA files.

Technicmaster0 and I were making a host server to download all the files from there

Waiting for your homebrews

SOON!'s official thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/soon-su...al-open-source-cia-installer-beta-0-1.387268/

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
please don't waste your time for this. we're already working on CTRepo(aka Cydia for 3DS) with hto60 it's really on the edge of being finished.
Don't listen AtlanticBit maybe yours is better, do what you want competition and more options are always nice.
or I can finish my software that it's intended to be an easy to use application, and then help AtlanticBit too.
if I do that you will have two softwares, mine's and AtlanticBit's

Reactions: Margen67

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Will there be a filter for signed and unsigned content?
SOON! will download specific listed homebrews from a specific host.
also, "SOON!" it's not a CFW, it's a CIA installer (with download and install function soon), so there is no need to implement checks

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOON! will download specific listed homebrews from a specific host.
also, "SOON!" it's not a CFW, it's a CIA installer (with download and install function soon), so there is no need to implement checks

So can the server for example host the universal pre installed CIA's? and if so can we pay for download slots or is it all free but slow?
Or is threat of the big N giving you the back hand still a thing?

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
So can the server for example host the universal pre installed CIA's? and if so can we pay for download slots or is it all free but slow?
Or is threat of the big N giving you the back hand still a thing?
SOON! will ONLY download HOMEBREW from comunity authors that allow his software to be downloadable throug SOON!, and also, the homebrew will be specified in a whitelist from inside the software, so it will not support GAMES download or piracy downloads.

also

DOWNLOADING WILL BE FREE, you will not have to pay for homebrews, HOMEBREWS ARE MEAN TO BE FREE in anyway or format.

donations are accepted, but downloading it's free

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOON! will ONLY download HOMEBREW from comunity authors that allow his software to be downloadable throug SOON!, and also, the homebrew will be specified in a whitelist from inside the software, so it will not support GAMES download or piracy downloads.

also

DOWNLOADING WILL BE FREE, you will not have to pay for homebrews, HOMEBREWS ARE MEAN TO BE FREE in anyway or format.

donations are accepted, but downloading it's free

Ok I guess I understand the piracy thing but what I mean was can we pay for a faster speeds if your host is very slow

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nvm shoving my foot in my mouth its late and i'm tired I forgot homebrew apps are very small so speed is almost irrelevant

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Ok I guess I understand the piracy thing but what I mean was can we pay for a faster speeds if your host is very slow
will be Technicmaster0's hosts and the speed seems to be good for homebrew downloads (they are small files anyway).
if the software gets popularity and people start making donations it could be used to speed up the host download speed

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
will be Technicmaster0's hosts and the speed seems to be good for homebrew downloads (they are small files anyway).
if the software gets popularity and people start making donations it could be used to speed up the host download speed
Well fitting into the homebrew style the server is a Raspberry Pi with 512MB RAM :D But it should really be enough for a CIA homebrew downloader (I don't expect that many people will use it) and it can be upgraded easily anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ