Hardware (Q): 2nd/Replacement Joy-con set help?

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi all,
um I have a question regarding joy cons:

the first set of joy cons im using for switch I've had since I got the system from 2 years ago,
not sure if the warranty on them has expired or is still good.

but recently, they have been experience some issues,
L joy con analog stick "ghosting" : when I press right to move once , it moves, but then moves and extra step.

anyways, if these go bad to the point of not working or lagging
I'm gonna have to get a 2nd or recplament pair of cons,
but im not sure

1)

if I should get a official Grey set of joy cons L/R

or

a cheaper "good" 3rd party set of joy cons from what is available on the market?

2)

if I end up getting a 3rd party joy cons set, which brand is the best one to get?

that I can find on amazon uk/us/germany for example?

thanx

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replacement sticks are cheap and easy to replace (Pair is 10-15$ for good quality one).
If you handheld person you have to buy HORI D-Pad as replacement for left JoyCon it's very cheap doesn't have wireless mode, but worth the money.

Sadly but all wireless aftermarket JoyCons are garbage...

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Replacement sticks are cheap and easy to replace (Pair is 10-15$ for good quality one).
If you handheld person you have to buy HORI D-Pad as replacement for left JoyCon it's very cheap doesn't have wireless mode, but worth the money.

Sadly but all wireless aftermarket JoyCons are garbage...

hay there, Agilato
thanx for the tips,
I went out recently to my local game shop and got a copy of the last Zelda hori D-pad joy con (30e).
it's totally wroth the price, cheaper than an actual L-Joy con (60e). good for a recplament l-joy con incase my actual l-joy con has dirt issues.
too bad hori hasn't made a right one yet.

um, after testing it I was wondering:

1) can you change out the - and Home buttons for the ones from the Nintendo L-Joy con?

2) also, im on the least switch firmware (9.0.1), does the battery from the switch get drained
faster since the hori D-Pad doesn't have a battery?

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hay there, Agilato
thanx for the tips,
I went out recently to my local game shop and got a copy of the last Zelda hori D-pad joy con (30e).
it's totally wroth the price, cheaper than an actual L-Joy con (60e). good for a recplament l-joy con incase my actual l-joy con has dirt issues.
too bad hori hasn't made a right one yet.

um, after testing it I was wondering:

1) can you change out the - and Home buttons for the ones from the Nintendo L-Joy con?

2) also, im on the least switch firmware (9.0.1), does the battery from the switch get drained
faster since the hori D-Pad doesn't have a battery?

Left joy-cons actually most common on "repair" market by obvious reason most used left stick, you can find one with Drift on eBay 15$ + original stick for 3$ of Aliexpress and you will have good Joy-Con.
There was claim on 7.0.0 firmware that Hori drains the battery but idk about current FW
I think you can swap buttons only if you will install Metal Dome Membrane Switches on place, that might require some skill and didn't tested by me yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :angry: