1. Isaac
    OP

Isaac American

Dec 8, 2012
    United States
    Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
    I'm currently learning python. How hard is it to learn how to use pygame afterwards?

2. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    There are some nuances with the logic of programming games that I've myself yet to get the hang of. It's really all in the logic, with any, and all programming languages. The syntax becomes irrelevant once you've been able to understand the logic behind the code.

That being said, it all depends on how much you understand the process of coding a game, and the difficulties and hurdles with the pygame library, and all the little things that come with learning Python and it's concepts. Python has an easy to learn syntax, but some of it's underlying philosophies and concepts are still rather difficult to grasp.

3. RPG Hacker

RPG Hacker GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Kaperich
    That's mostly true, yet still, some programming languges make it a lot easier to get something meaningful out of your work. For example: It's so much easier to program a game with C# than with C++. There are, of course, some other aspects to keep an eye at (like performance and stuff like that), but if we only consider difficulty, then yeah, choosing the correct programming language can actually make a lot of things a lot easier for you.

I don't know much about python or pygame, but if the programming language isn't too important for you and you're just trying to get into Game Programming then I recommend C# with XNA to you. It's one of the easiest ways to learn programming games. If it has to be python, though, you might want to give Allegro 5 a try. I don't know if it's easier or harder than pygame, but I have worked with its C++ version and what I can say about it is that it is very flexible and advanced. For example: It's platform-independent, supports shaders, supports a lot of audio and image formats etc.

Ron likes this.