Gaming Puzzle Quest: Galatrix Demo Released!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the first game had a demo too but it was a PC demo, even though at the time there was no PC release planned at the time.

The hexagonal grid really helps this become "just another sequel", and a little more complicated. Requires more strategy this time around with the space mines and extra directions.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played a round against the AI and noticed a few things.
Skills from the first PQ don't carry over nearly as much as you'd think. The gems coming from all different directions makes it feel much more complicated.
Also the AI really hard. I couldn't get one hit on him without using my spells, or whatever they're called in this new one.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Considering its a flash based demo i'm not holding the AI to be too much of a likeness to the final version. I think at best it should be looked at as a "sample" of the game and not much of a demo.

IMO I prefer to the sci-fi setting than the previous puzzlequest, I might actually pick this one up.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This hexagonal grid is way too convoluted, and shields are annoying as all hell.
I'll pass on this game, thank you very much.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Um.. I actually think the game is very good. I think you guys are judging it too fast.

It fixes problems with the last game which was mainly that it had a lot to do with luck because of entry of random gems and it being too easy to get another turn by making 4 in a row.

You actually decide the direction from where the orbs come from. It depends on which orb you click first and which you click second. It doesn't really make it more complicated, it just gives you more choice.

The skills feel more balanced this time, although we've only seen 3 thus far.

Remember, the orbs have to make a line..if they just touch it doesn't count.

Shields allow you to regain health back, but puts a limit on how much you can regain.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I fount the last game too easy, even if it was pretty much based on luck. This game required a lot more skill.

Pretty impressed with it so far, definite buy for me.

Shichibukai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First one was easy if you had good items if you didn't you had to have luck more-or-less

Still it's a computer demo right i would wait for a demo in Nintendo channel or the game

Anyway i'm getting this one for sure!

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, I can't stop playing this demo! I loved the idea behind the first one, but the cheating AI really made it not worth playing for me.

Considering how fun this demo is, and the fact that they've pushed it back a few times, I expect nothing short of a fucking awesome game.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian Uranium said:
Yeah I fount the last game too easy, even if it was pretty much based on luck. This game required a lot more skill.

Pretty impressed with it so far, definite buy for me.
That was the first ones biggest flaw. Although it was simply awesome when a battle came down to straight skill. Also I'm definitely buying this game as well. First game [on a nintendo console] that I've boughten since Fallout 3.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Call me impressed. As stated already, much more skill involved here. Plus, I actually care about the skills in this. I really didn't use that many in the first game, simply because the AI could hit a run of about 10 4-in-a-rows, and smear me. But damn, the AI is rough here. Took me 3 tries to beat him.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.bigdownload.com/games/puzzle-qu...galactrix-demo/

Thats better, 132mb PC demo
biggrin.gif

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, the PC demo is fantastic. Unfortunately my slow-ass computer chugs in the gameplay screen, so I can't beat the timed hacking puzzle.

I'm not sure if I can trust the release dates, but this comes out the last week of February, and then Puzzle Kingdoms (made by the same people as Puzzle Quest) comes out at the beginning of March. Seems like a strange thing to do, so I'm sure one will get pushed back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: