OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, well I just got back from watching National Treasure 2 (which btw is a very good movie!) and was just wondering, is there any good mystery/puzzle games like national treasure? Where you have to solve a bunch of things? Not necicarilly like a "puzzle" game but something with a story. First thing that comes to mind is Phoenix Wright games, but are there any others?

What games do you recommend? Thanks!

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know that you wanted games but I would have to say that if you like National Treasure, check out the book Seven Ancient Wonders and Six Sacred Stones. They are by an Australian author, Matthew Reilly, and it is like reading a movie as it is that fast paced and seems exactly what you are looking for.

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that you wanted games but I would have to say that if you like National Treasure, check out the book Seven Ancient Wonders and Six Sacred Stones. They are by an Australian author, Matthew Reilly, and it is like reading a movie as it is that fast paced and seems exactly what you are looking for.
Thank you for the recommendations =D I'll probably go look around for them when I have time (when I'm procrastinating my homework).

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw crap I was going to give you a list of bunch of Sierra and LucasArts games for the PC. But... you aren't asking for that
frown.gif

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Use ScummVM DS and play the LucasArts adventures like Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The Longest Journey, Beneath a Steel Sky(title?) ... Ugh, there are so many games I know but can't remember the titles. But those two kept me interested for a while. I also liked Runaway (Both games, but the first one was better), Dream of The Turtle was ported to DS but the PC version has voice overs and much easier controls.

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
*Hotel Dusk
*Trace Memory
*Touch Detective

and myst

although myst wont please everyone, it's a great game imho, haven't checked the ds port yet but I'm guessing it's not very different from the pc one.

edit: oh, and also the phoenix wright games perhaps? it's kinda like a adventure game, kinda... anyway they're great, you should play them if you haven't already

cynthia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*Hotel Dusk
*Trace Memory
*Touch Detective

and myst

although myst wont please everyone, it's a great game imho, haven't checked the ds port yet but I'm guessing it's not very different from the pc one.

edit: oh, and also the phoenix wright games perhaps? it's kinda like a adventure game, kinda... anyway they're great, you should play them if you haven't already

Myst for DS isn't that good compared to any of the other ports. Well, maybe it could be better than the Sega Saturn port...
Myst itself is a overall nice game, but the DS port is just a little awkward.

I would recommend the Professor Layton series for the DS. It does require some intensive Japanese knowledge unless
you are going to play the translated release expected in February. It's a great game with a mystery twist and a lot of nice
puzzles. (But I do think that some are just mindless and weird)

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I find that the Myst Ds game is very broken. It's very hard to navigate places, cause the screen doesn't determine what way you can look like when using a mouse that shows a cursor.

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is an obvious choice. (since I've only played 2 games like this)
smile.gif

Touch Detective
Touch Detective 2 1/2

Hilarious, and fun games. The characters look kinda weird and creepy, but they're adorable at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple