Putting the voice back in?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by TheDiver, Oct 14, 2009.

Oct 14, 2009

Putting the voice back in? by TheDiver at 8:49 AM (530 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. TheDiver
    OP

Newcomer TheDiver Newbie

Taiwan
    I guess this sorta started to happen after Atlus spoiled me with SRWOG Endless Frontier translated to English but kept the Japanese Voices, and now I'm trying do a similar thing to another game: Spectral Force Genesis.

They did release a European version, but they took out the juicy voice bits (Actually, another reason is because I'm used to the voices back on the old Chinese PC versions), and I'm not expecting the US version to have any voice either, so just in case they don't, I'm going to try this feat on both EUR and the US version, if it doesn't feature voices (again, Atlus wins for their 'lazy' effort with Endless Frontier).

Now I've tried decompressing both JPN and EUR versions and replacing+adding all the sound files (A whooping 28MB difference between JPN and EUR version just because of the voices), I didn't expect it to work, and it didn't. I figured they must've modified the game more than that.

So now, anyone capable of looking into this or suggest which part of the game could I change to enable the voice? Seems like this time this thing's beyond my ability.