Putting a PSP back together?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Aeladya, Jan 6, 2010.

Jan 6, 2010

Putting a PSP back together? by Aeladya at 8:39 AM (2,346 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Aeladya
    OP

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    A few years ago I bought a PSP used at a local game shop in November of 2007. Well many months later my Wi-Fi card broke and so I just ignored the online thing (I had been using XLink Kai to play Monster Hunter 3) and attempted to play Monster Hunter by myself. Well around July or August of 2008 I moved to live with my dad to attempt to go to college. He's good with electronics so I asked him if he could fix my PSP. Well he took it apart and put all the pieces in a bag, but never put it back together. Now I just don't even care if the Wi-Fi card works, the PSP was old so there was no warranty to begin with. I'm almost positive it's the original PSP as it had been hacked before I got it since there were Mario games on the card it came with. Does anyone know how to put a PSP back together or have any advice for me? I have money to buy a new one, but I'd really rather get a new DS since mine is beyond dead and I don't play my PSP as much (I only had Monster Hunter, but if I can get this thing fixed I wanted to get 4 new games eventually). There are game repair shops around, but if I can get a guide my dad can put it back together. Thanks!

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88of4uuD0sE...feature=related

That should help. It follows the disassembly of a PSP-1000 and if you can follow the steps in reverse you should be able to reconstruct your PSP. That is part 2 which contains the most complicated bits part 1 should be in related videos.

3. Aeladya
    OP

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    Thanks, at this point I just want my PSP back, I don't care about the Wi-Fi card anymore [​IMG].

4. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    If you order a new one you could build it into your rebuild.