Put cheats on AKAIO firmware

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Livin in a box, Apr 3, 2009.

Apr 3, 2009
  1. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    I've got a Pokemon Platinum code that I got via PokeSav and it saved as .xml document. I've renamed it CHEATS.XML but when I go into AKAIO on my Acekard 2i, and select the cheat database, it just says 'Error Cheat file was not found'. I've not edited the XML document in any way. Is there something I need to do to it? I've looked at the Wiki but no help for me there. Thankss.

EDIT: OK, just got a program for it, but now whenever I try to get to the cheats page for Platinum, it just freezes. I can enable cheats for everything else, it just freezes.

EDIT2: Doesn't matter now, got the latest cheat pack from GBATemp. Except the only code it won't show is the one I made with PokeSav. It shows the folder, just not the cheat. Any reason why?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    incorrect gameID in the db? try building the cc file, which will make a smaller file for the games. sometimes its just a matter of not being able to go through the HUGE database. narin just updated the cheat db, it should be online officially. i would grab the new copy and see if the cheats you want aren't already in it.

-another world

3. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    I've still got problems.
    I'm now on with my DSi, but if I select cheats to use with Platinum, the whole thing just freezes. Even if I disable all cheats an try to start Platinum, it locks up. On other games it's fine. To launch it I have to bot another game with cheats, play it for a bit, then go back to Platinum and play it. Very annoying. Anyone know why this is?

4. peshala1994

Newcomer peshala1994 Member

United States
    if you are using a flashcard you don't need pokesav.Just open up your .sav file thru pokesav and you can edit your team from there and you will have them ingame..Much easier than pokesaving all the pokes lol

5. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    Wow, really? Didn't know you could do that. All I wanted though was a Ditto so I could breed. But a Chimchar might be nice to have. But I still can't enable other cheats from the card. Grrrr.

6. Livin in a box
    OP

United Kingdom
    OK, I erased AKAIO and put it back on. That problem is now fixed.
    BUT now, when I try to play local multiplayer with my brother via DS download play on his DS, it doesn't work. The game shows up to download, it supposedly downloads it, then it sticks at the screen with the Nintendo logo. My DSi then says 'Communication error Press the A button'. I've tried doing the download on both DS's, but nothing. I've tried setting DS Download Play to enable in AKAIO...Still nothing. What's the problem?
    More Brain Training Demo sends fine, but that's from the original cartridge.