• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,467
  • Replies 19
D

Deleted User

OP
Pushmo.jpg

Yarnton said that the eShop's biggest success was Pullbox due to it's fun gameplay. He did not release sale figures.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Where did this 500,000-1,000,000 figure come from or did you just make it up?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Didn't you hear? We don't post actual news any more, we just make things up in our "own words" to avoid plagiarism while we torrent Wii games, and then source it to any old article

Reactions: 7 people

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't you hear? We don't post actual news any more, we just make things up in our "own words" to avoid plagiarism while we torrent Wii games, and then source it to any old article
Didn't you hear? Most people are too stupid to understand the rules put in place. Perhaps individuals should avoid posting news if they can't even read a post. Look at Gahars: he does a pretty good job at delivering news while not just making it, "here's the C&P of the news article - enjoy gais." His news may not really be gaming related, but he's a fine example of the route people should take instead of bitching about the news posting rules every chance they get.

Good god guys, it's like you've never paraphrased before. It isn't exactly a fine science.

OP: Anyways, as for the number, I can't figure out where that came from either. Don't estimate when you don't know. Hell, that wasn't even the point of the article you linked to. The point was that Nintendo hasn't done a great job of really showing off the features of the 3DS, while this game has managed to do it well enough that it has sold quite well. At least, that's what I got from a 30 second run through of the article. Regardless, no numbers are mentioned, and the sales aren't even the core point.

This news posting is certainly a fail.

Reactions: 2 people

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Didn't you hear? Most people are too stupid to understand the rules put in place. Perhaps individuals should avoid posting news if they can't even read a post. Look at Gahars: he does a pretty good job at delivering news while not just making it, "here's the C&P of the news article - enjoy gais." His news may not really be gaming related, but he's a fine example of the route people should take instead of bitching about the news posting rules every chance they get.

Good god guys, it's like you've never paraphrased before. It isn't exactly a fine science.

OP: Anyways, as for the number, I can't figure out where that came from either. Don't estimate when you don't know. Hell, that wasn't even the point of the article you linked to. The point was that Nintendo hasn't done a great job of really showing off the features of the 3DS, while this game has managed to do it well enough that it has sold quite well. At least, that's what I got from a 30 second run through of the article. Regardless, no numbers are mentioned, and the sales aren't even the core point.

This news posting is certainly a fail.
kk

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I agree with him. One point he didn't make (because it should be obvious) is that there are some things that do need to be copied verbatim; direct quotes that hold significance, raw stats like numbers, sentences with a certain tone that's being pointed out, and so on.

D

Deleted User

OP
Gah! I got the numbers from GoNintendo and forgot to cite it! Then they decided to tell that they made the numbers up. :angry: Sorry guys. I'll edit the post.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I agree with him. One point he didn't make (because it should be obvious) is that there are some things that do need to be copied verbatim; direct quotes that hold significance, raw stats like numbers, sentences with a certain tone that's being pointed out, and so on.
I agree that quoting an entire article into a news post here is superfluous, and that it's probably best only to post the pertinent bits. I don't get the push for paraphrasing and not quoting articles at all, especially when it leads to posts like this, putting stuff that wasn't even in the article into what at first glance appear to be quote boxes.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Gah! I got the numbers from GoNintendo and forgot to cite it! Then they decided to tell that they made the numbers up. :angry: Sorry guys. I'll edit the post.
Oh don't bother lying.
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=179751

Just admit your mistake.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad it did really well, its a damn fine title that has a fantastic lifespan that could last forever. Feels like one of those retail DS titles that was a cult hit only and I hope the success would lead Nintendo to put more titles on the service. Would love a new Picross title.

D

Deleted_171835

OP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs