Homebrew Purple power light?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is it possible to make the power light purple with homebrew? After all it's red or blue so it should be able to be purple by having both red and blue on at the same time. It's already possible to turn off the lights or make the notification light any color, so is it by any chances possible to make the power light purple?

D

Deleted User

Is it possible to make the power light purple with homebrew? After all it's red or blue so it should be able to be purple by having both red and blue on at the same time. It's already possible to turn off the lights or make the notification light any color, so is it by any chances possible to make the power light purple?
Theoretically, yes. I don't know if you could accomplish something like that with software, though. I believe the Power LED is controlled directly by hardware.
All we know for certain is that the light CAN be purple. Watch your 3DS's power LED when the battery reaches exactly 10%. It should briefly be purple.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Theoretically, yes. I don't know if you could accomplish something like that with software, though. I believe the Power LED is controlled directly by hardware.
All we know for certain is that the light CAN be purple. Watch your 3DS's power LED when the battery reaches exactly 10%. It should briefly be purple.
when im extremely bored and i have low battery i actually watch for that XD

D

Deleted User

In twl loader you can change the color of your notification led to a specific solid color while playing ds games,or you can press home after it launches to keep the solid color on in the home menu but it turns off when you close and open your lid.Theres also a homebrew app called CtrRGBPATTY,but its a pain in the ass to use.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

i dont understand people wanting to change the color of the lights like whats the point anyone care to explain this to me XD

D

Deleted User

i dont understand people wanting to change the color of the lights like whats the point anyone care to explain this to me XD
To have it match your 3ds's custom background theme or shell color I guess would be the point.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In twl loader you can change the color of your notification led to a specific solid color while playing ds games,or you can press home after it launches to keep the solid color on in the home menu but it turns off when you close and open your lid.Theres also a homebrew app called CtrRGBPATTY,but its a pain in the ass to use.
OP is asking about the power light, not the notification light.
Wanting to make it purple by keeping both red and blue on at the same time.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aesthetics. Its for the same reason one chooses the color model of 3DS that they get or which themes to use on their system. Obviously ultimately these things don't mean anything for the games you play, but they please the owner's eyes, and helps it feel more like something that is uniquely the owner's. I get it, and it may not appeal to everyone, but I wouldn't mind be able to change the power light to another color myself.

D

Deleted User

Aesthetics. Its for the same reason one chooses the color model of 3DS that they get or which themes to use on their system. Obviously ultimately these things don't mean anything for the games you play, but they please the owner's eyes, and helps it feel more like something that is uniquely the owner's. I get it, and it may not appeal to everyone, but I wouldn't mind be able to change the power light to another color myself.
changing the power light makes sense (kinda) when talking about aesthetics because as long as the system is on the power light is on but you also have people chanig the notification light color which makes no sense cause its not always on like the power light

Jimbo_Slim

Pun Master/Loser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehh my LED isn't the same anymore so when it's dying at 2 bars, it'll start blinking. Close the lid and it becomes blue again. Open it and it transitions to pink for a brief period.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
In Luma CFW there's an option to disable all the lights but it wouldn't work when the battery is low (it would turn off all lights except the red power light and the blinking notification light too I think) so I was thinking maybe it's possible to turn on the blue when the battery is low?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
changing the power light makes sense (kinda) when talking about aesthetics because as long as the system is on the power light is on but you also have people chanig the notification light color which makes no sense cause its not always on like the power light

Yeah, its not always on, but it still flashes on occasion, it may be a small barely seen by onlookers aesthetic, but its an aesthetic all the same that one might want to change to more personalize their system. I don't judge, and frankly completely understand it.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not really. The DSi can turn the power LED purple without any bricks.
While thinking of that, would it be possible to make the DS power light yellow? :D
I don't know if it's possible to make it yellow with software, but I remember when on one of my DS Lites there was a problem that if I would push on the battery the DS would think the battery is low and turn the power light red, and if I push it even stronger it would shut off. I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think I saw the power light be yellow on that DS Lite once.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people are forgetting that the notification LED is a special one that can change colors. The power, low power, charging, and wifi are all individual LED's of one color

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool