Purchased Agent Under Fire and successfully installed FMCB

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Gamemaster1379, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    After having successfully installed FMCB by having to go 50 miles out of the way to purchase Agent Under Fire, I installed FMCB...But after having spent all my energy on GETTING FMCB...I don't know what applications I should look for. Right now the only ones I'm actually taking advantage of are PSXLoader (Disc swap app for PSX games) and ESR (patching and burning my PS2 games). I don't care much about emulators and media players, I have all that on my Wii, I'm more interested in loading my backup PS2/PSX games and some downloaded "out of region" and hard to find games.

First and foremost, there's a HDLoader for PS2, but mine's a slim, so are there any USB HD loaders I can take advantage of? And if so, what do I need to dedicate to them on my HDD? Will files read off FAT32, NTFS, or do I need to have it make a special formatting into something like WBFS for Wii?

Secondly. ESR. I like it alright, but the disc patching is something I'd much rather do without. I can live with it, but are there any other types of loaders that can play a straight burn?

In addition to loaders, PSXLoader is fine and all, but is there any type of loader that I use to load PSX games without having to disc swap?

And just a few more questions. Are there any "safe" apps for visual modifications, or not? And as for the emulators, do they really offer anything special that is really worth getting them for that the Wii doesn't offer? Or just not?

2. MFDC12

Member MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    First, I would not recommend any of the usb loaders. It does not really have high compatability and in my experience, they are not quite stable.

If you have a high TOC disc (like star wars battlefront) you can use cogswap, but you need to do something like the tape and tissue mod, or the straw method. The first one you risk damaging your console, and voids the warrenty. The second is hard to do, you need to stick a straw down your ps2 to hit the sensor to make it seem like the lid is closed. I would not reccomend either. ESR is the best solution if you do not want to hardmod.

There are no psx launchers without disc swap methods.

The ps2 emulators are awful (especially the gameboy one, awful, awful sound), with the execption of the snes and nes ones.

I hope this helped [​IMG]

3. andy249901

Member andy249901 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ESR patching takes like 5 seconds lol

4. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok, I've already hardmodded but I'd much rather ESR anyway. I'll take note about the emus and damn, no non-disc swapping PSX