PSX/PS1 Backup Booting

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Kurisuellegarden, Aug 14, 2009.

Aug 14, 2009

PSX/PS1 Backup Booting by Kurisuellegarden at 1:41 AM (1,312 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. I just ordered an older Action Replay...I just now realized that I'm unsure of it's version... =\

But, I was wondering if there was a way to boot PS1/PSX backups on the PS2 or a PS1/PSX?

Because I just realized that ESR doesn't support Playstation CD Backups...so now I don't understand how those would boot. x.x

2. xCM Punkx

Newcomer xCM Punkx Advanced Member

United States
    You can do it but its pretty hard. Especially on the psx!

Google the PSX Swap Trick for the PS1 or get Swap Magic for the PS2. Swap Magic works SOO much better though because all you have to do is put in the gameshark, swap it out for a backup and hit X.

3. So after softmodding my PS2, I realize now I needed a Swap Magic for PS1 backups? x.x

Can I burn a copy of swap magic, then swap magic will go on, then Gameshark, then PS1 backup?

4. xCM Punkx

Newcomer xCM Punkx Advanced Member

United States
    That would be cool but no. You don't really need swap magic but you need the little slide tool that comes with it [or whatever theyve got for slims now] and a PS1 gameshark CD. If you have a fat PS2, I can show you how to make one out of a credit/rewards card.

Basically you boot up the gameshark, pull out the tray with the slide tool [or whatever slims have] and put in your backup. Its not hard, it just sounds really complicated lol [​IMG]

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    you dont need a ps1 gameshark anymore

just get a program called PSXLAUNCHER
    its pretty much the exact same as COGSWAP except it for PS1 backups

however it will only work on PS2 v9 and above

6. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    you could use the one step swap trick with older Action Replays and Game sharks if you have any working original psx game there is a double swap trick or just a single swap with the first batch of psx's released was possible.
    the easiest thing to do is look for a modded psx you might get lucky and find one i did, or buy a psx mod chip and a psx to mod.