Hacking PSX channel injected after conversion but no GC support now Doltool :(

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem solved The Attached Channel Works perfectly will upload a video of the psx channel in action it has NO BANNER so if you want to make one have at you my friends i just injected the DOL i converted into paradox's homebrew launcher channel because its generic and i had it right there to test
wink.gif

Download the working PSX aka PS1 emulator channel! (WiiSx rev 46 unofficial)

http://www.mediafire.com/?zydzmymhzrm

EDIT:

SOLVED THE PROBLEM...LMAO. IF ADMINS WANT TO ERASE THE POST THATS OK OR POST A NEW THREAD WITH JUST THE INFO WITH CHANNEL LINK THATS COOL!! ..I HAD MY GC PAD IN THE WRONG PORT MY PSX CHANNEL WORKS FINE DAMN IT! LOL PLEASE DONT WORRY ABOUT THE INFO IN THE QUOTE WE HAVE SOLVED OUR ISSUE! (just leaving it there for reference in regard to the post previous to fixing the problem ME NOT PLUGGING MY GC IN THE RIGHT FREEKIN PORT! LOL

original post for reference to members first few posts
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
Ok I am confused...Is it just me....or does DOLtool ruin GC pad support in every elf you convert?

Today i decided after a comment on youtube to try and convert Wiisx rev 46 .elf into a DOL using DOLTOOL

(run...cmd... invoke this command: c:\doltool.exe -d boot.elf)

It manages to convert the DOL with a "converted" successfully message and so i install it with wad manager again says successful...

IT DOES WORK/BOOT UP! but no GC support on EVEN IF I LAUNCH THE SOURCE DOL WITH THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL! after being converted from elf it lost its pad support!?!

first time i boot with no iso...second time i boot the channel with NFS3.iso and it shows up! so i KNOW it is not freezing....yet the Gamecube pad witch SHOULD work does not
frown.gif

can anyone help with this or try to compile the code in a dol so that the channel version of wiisx works?! THANKS IN ADVANCED! FULLY STUMPED!

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
Ok I am confused...Is it just me....or does DOLtool ruin GC pad support in every elf you convert?

Today i decided after a comment on youtube to try and convert Wiisx rev 46 .elf into a DOL using DOLTOOL

(run...cmd... invoke this command: c:\doltool.exe -d boot.elf)

It manages to convert the DOL with a "converted" successfully message and so i install it with wad manager again says successful....

DOWNLOAD THE CHANNEL WAD HERE FULLY TESTED AND WILL BOOT BUT NO PAD SUPPORT AS OF NOW!:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zydzmymhzrm

IT DOES WORK/BOOT UP! but no GC support on EVEN IF I LAUNCH THE SOURCE DOL WITH THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL! after being converted from elf it lost its pad support!?!

first time i boot with no iso...second time i boot the channel with NFS3.iso and it shows up! so i KNOW it is not freezing....yet the Gamecube pad witch SHOULD work does not
frown.gif
so

so i try Rick Dangerous Gamecube homebrew ELF sure enough SAME RESULT i can convert the elf to dol and get it to run but NO gamecube controller support after going through DOLtool.exe?! is that normal?

can anyone help with this or try to compile the code in a dol so that the channel version of wiisx works?! THANKS IN ADVANCED! FULLY STUMPED!
i think i read that you shouldn't be using a conversion tool for converting elf to dol... maybe this is why?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well yeah it seems that it removes any paddle support yet it does indeed make the converted elf bootable.... if someone were to recompile the source code on google code as a DOL i am CERTAIN that it would work as a channel
frown.gif
but i cant find a DOL version that works in the homebrew channel to convert...only the elf seems to work! and when i convert the elf i get that loss of paddle support so you can see my problem??
frown.gif

btw awesome avatar man
tongue.gif

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
well yeah it seems that it removes any paddle support yet it does indeed make the converted elf bootable.... if someone were to recompile the source code on google code as a DOL i am CERTAIN that it would work as a channel
frown.gif
but i cant find a DOL version that works in the homebrew channel to convert...only the elf seems to work! and when i convert the elf i get that loss of paddle support so you can see my problem??
frown.gif

btw awesome avatar man
tongue.gif
you can always go back to HBC 8 beta, it worked then right?

thanks i've had this avatar since dcemu, love it so much i haven't been able to change it
cool.gif

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont know how the system menu responds to the new Homebrew Channel Beta 9, but if your still at HBC Beta 8, you can just boot from the .elf file.

Unpack the wad, and remove the 001.app

Rename the .elf file to "001.app" and repack the wad and you now have a channel that will work.

The Wii can read both .elf and .dol being launched from wads.

I do not know if this is still true after updating the homebrew channel, but I think the two are separate though I am not entirely sure.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OMFG GUYS IT WORKS FINE I HAD MY GC PLUGGED INTO THE SECOND PORT NOT THE FIRST! GO AHEAD AND TEST THE PSX! LMAO!

it loads BIN and ISO files tested castlevania SOTN and NFS3 both worked!

castlevania is even showing 50 FPS! and steady!
ohmy.gif

kenshiro84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
vettacossx said:
OMFG GUYS IT WORKS FINE I HAD MY GC PLUGGED INTO THE SECOND PORT NOT THE FIRST! GO AHEAD AND TEST THE PSX! LMAO!

ohmy.gif

does this mean that castlevania SOTN is fully playable on this version??

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
OMG you pothead(or not)!!!! LOL

right! lol push the controller in port 1 not kush the controller in post 2 vetta LOL

(My wii is actually INSIDE my PC like a disc drive RIGHT BELOW MY SONY BURNER! so the ports are on the Left side of my PC tower
wink.gif
and i cant see them real well so i had thought mypad was in port 1 LOL and before you ask why i put my wii inside my pc i will tell you! i USE to have it setup Next to my PC but it kept getting knocked down and battered (both hooked up to a 60 inch projector screen using Svid for my PC and plain ole RCA (red yellow white) for my wii for now...how did i make it fit you wonder? I shaved 1 1/2 centimeters off each side of a disc drive port with a dremel tool carefully! Slid my wii console in there bought some GC port extenders and made holes for my MEM card on the side of the tower
tongue.gif
its got a ethernet usb chord and its power chords going out of the back (coming out of a PCI slots "hole" in the back dont know how else to say that) so the result is the bottom drive of my PC is a wii has been in there for OVER A YEAR it does have a few extra fans to keep things clean (one facing out in the back) also requires a SPECIAL tower with enough room to "breath" between your RAM and the power chords of the wii (I have 3 inches and all is well)

hahahaha so yeah anyways thats my wii! in all its weirdness lol

A VIDEO OF THE CHANNEL LOADING UP CASTLEVANIA REAL QUICK
NOTE: i did this at 4 AM i was tired so its not long but ya know...shows it works thats all that matters i guess
tongue.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4ygN8AvZRs

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kenshiro84 said:
vettacossx said:

ohmy.gif

does this mean that castlevania SOTN is fully playable on this version??

i don't think so, that was just the title/menu screen running at 50fps
vettacossx said:
OMG you pothead(or not)!!!! LOL

right! lol push the controller in port 1 not kush the controller in post 2 vetta LOL

(My wii is actually INSIDE my PC like a disc drive RIGHT BELOW MY SONY BURNER! so the ports are on the Left side of my PC tower
wink.gif
and i cant see them real well so i had thought mypad was in port 1 LOL and before you ask why i put my wii inside my pc i will tell you! i USE to have it setup Next to my PC but it kept getting knocked down and battered so i shaved 1 1/2 centimeters off each side of a disc drive port and slid my wii console in there bought some GC port extenders and made holes for my MEM card on the side of the tower
tongue.gif
its got a ethernet usb chord and its power chords going out of the back (coming out of a PCI slots "whole" in the back dont know how else to say that) so the result is the bottom drive of my PC is a wii has been in there for OVER A YEAR it does have a few extra fans to keep things clean (one facing out in the back) also requires a SPECIAL tower with enough room to "breath" between your RAM and the power chords of the wii (I have 3 inches and all is well)

hahahaha so yeah anyways thats my wii! in all its weirdness lol

A VIDEO OF THE CHANNEL LOADING UP CASTLEVANIA REAL QUICK
NOTE: i did this at 4 AM i was tired so its not long but ya know...shows it works thats all that matters i guess
tongue.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4ygN8AvZRs
wait... your wii is in your PC tower???

just read further in your post...
ohmy.gif
that is sick!!!

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
sure is
smile.gif
..has been for a LONG time now actually BEFORE HOMEBREW! EVEN WAS ENABLED!
ohmy.gif
I had got tired of knocking it down when i had it sat next to it....so i "fixed it" lol
you got any pics? oh and what if you want to take it somewhere, say if your going on vacation? is it easy to take out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021