xWhiteKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hey guys!

So i've my vita laying around grabbing dust.
So I thought why not hack it, its on 3.57 right now, and hopefully theres a way to get it to 3.60.
And just to clarify, I'm TOTALLY new to this so i dont understand most of the stuff. And my only wish is to be able to get games.

I had a few questions in mind and they've been bothering me alot, since i did invest some money into this thing and its disheartening at times. I did read through the OTs about it and still had some things bothering me.

Here goes.

1. How high is the chance you'll get a bricking code injected hidden behind a application?
2. Do you get a console ban or Just account ban? Making a new account is smarter?
3. How do you go about getting "Dumps/roms/games" for your henkaku hacked vita? (This ones important)
4. Do those emulators use different roms or you have to get specific ones?
5. Are the only VPKs available listed on the thread or you can get some other ones behind the scene?
6. What is this dumping, exactly and how does it work?

Although my brain is a mess right now, I may quote you on different questions after your replies!
So please bear with me.

Thank you.

Last edited by xWhiteKnight,

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Xuman,
Reactions: xWhiteKnight

hippotamamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey guys!

So i've my vita laying around grabbing dust.
So I thought why not hack it, its on 3.57 right now, and hopefully theres a way to get it to 3.60.
And just to clarify, I'm TOTALLY new to this so i dont understand most of the stuff. And my only wish is to be able to get games.

I had a few questions in mind and they've been bothering me alot, since i did invest some money into this thing and its disheartening at times. I did read through the OTs about it and still had some things bothering me.

Here goes.

1. How high is the chance you'll get a bricking code injected hidden behind a application?
2. Do you get a console ban or Just account ban? Making a new account is smarter?
3. How do you go about getting "Dumps/roms/games" for your henkaku hacked vita? (This ones important)
4. Do those emulators use different roms or you have to get specific ones?
5. Are the only VPKs available listed on the thread or you can get some other ones behind the scene?
6. What is this dumping, exactly and how does it work?

Although my brain is a mess right now, I may quote you on different questions after your replies!
So please bear with me.

Thank you.
1. not anymore since both maidump and vita shell have scanner "malicious code" or script that mount system partition and format it, but it still better if we take precaution and download from "trusted source"
2. better safe than sorry, :) since homebrew listed when we get online, for now maybe not, but take a look for PS3 history
3. from red*it
4. there is https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-libretro-thread-ps-vita-edition-nightlies-included.437034/ take look at it. for PSP or eCFW, soon maybe around 2 month,
5. AFAIK there only few release scene, so we rely on people's dumping. gbatemp not advise piracy material, so, check at red*it/vitapiracy
6. definition dumping on computing term is "Copy (stored data) to a different location, especially so as to protect against loss."
for short its backup from original game, use for either backup or "sharing" purposes, u can dump your own game both cartridge or digital download, update and DLC through maidump or vitamin.

Last edited by hippotamamus,

xWhiteKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Thank you both so much for replying so fast!
Now i feel ease with certain few things.

Also I forgot to ask.

I've quite a few games on vita, Will I still be able to play them online after this "hack".
I read somewhere it spoofs the version so you can actually go online without checking the version.

And, We're able to uninstall the hack if we want to go back being legit?

Tagging you for notification!
@hippotamamus @Xuman

hippotamamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thank you both so much for replying so fast!
Now i feel ease with certain few things.

Also I forgot to ask.

I've quite a few games on vita, Will I still be able to play them online after this "hack".
I read somewhere it spoofs the version so you can actually go online without checking the version.

And, We're able to uninstall the hack if we want to go back being legit?

Tagging you for notification!
@hippotamamus @Xuman
yes for now, but sadly @yifan_lu has announce that sony will disable 3.61 support, and that means that spoofing will be break, https://twitter.com/yifanlu/status/795081768378384384

hope we get another spoofer soon

xWhiteKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
yes for now, but sadly @yifan_lu has announce that sony will disable 3.61 support, and that means that spoofing will be break, https://twitter.com/yifanlu/status/795081768378384384

hope we get another spoofer soon

Oh thats too bad.
So that just basically means no more going online until a next spoof is there.

As long as we dont lose our paid products its fine i guess.

I've manually updated my vita to 3.60! Gonna download a VPK first before finally adding Henkaku and Maidump :D

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a chance Sony could ban you from psn at some point in the future if they detect piracy or cheats maybe, personally I think you should stay away from PSN running henkaku if you want to keep your purchases

Last edited by yuyuyup,

xWhiteKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
There is a chance Sony could ban you from psn at some point in the future if they detect piracy or cheats maybe, personally I think you should stay away from PSN running henkaku if you want to keep your purchases

Yep, still got a few hours to decide whether to back up the account and format the vita before doing it all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte