PSTV Stuck in Restart Loop

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by DontShootUp, Feb 5, 2017.

1. DontShootUp
    OP

DontShootUp Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2013
    United States
    Hello,

3.60, only installed henkaku, vitashell 1.51 and a game.
    when starting my PSTV I get the error C2-14919-4. "A serious error has occurred in the system software."
    When I reboot in takes me to safe mode where my only two options that aren't greyed out are "restart this system" and "update system software". I opted to "update" the firmware to 3.60 using USB, but that did not fix the issue.

Any advice? Thank you.

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Maybe access recovery menu and rebuild database? Otherwise you may have to format system, updates shouldn't be necessary to fix that error, but a format did fix most errors.

3. DontShootUp
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2013
    United States
    Is there a way to get the option to do that? When I get into safe mode I don't have the option to do anything other than restart or update.

Attached Files:

Last edited by DontShootUp, Feb 5, 2017
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Did you try removing your Memory card?

5. DontShootUp
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2013
    United States
    Okay so I fixed the problem. Tried removing the memory card and rebooting, didnt help. Messaged Sony customer service, they told me I was SOL and to buy a new PS TV.

So what I did was pretty much keep removing and reinserting a game card the whole time it was trying to boot and it somehow bypassed the error message and let me get to the home menu to restore it to factory settings. No idea why it worked, but I'm not complaining lol

6. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Hope it don't happen again. :P

Good luck on your systems though, if anything, a format mostly can solve system errors. Just make sure to look up the error codes before asking for help next time. :)

7. DontShootUp
    OP

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2013
    United States
    Oh I definitely did. I searched for an hour and couldnt find jack about that one. Not a single mention of that one on GBATemp either.