XP
Country
Poland

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
All it needs now is a "All Owned Max Skill" option , and a "Raise Max Level" lollipop icon.

The skills items aren't even correctly implented yet, I think we should wait before it's officially released before supporting them in PSSE.
The lollipop icon sounds sexy though, I'll give it a try.

Reactions: tomx86

RiderKicker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For someone who is a complete newb at trying to hack his 3DS, what are the steps I need to take to make this work? I get that I need the PSSE.exe and I put my 3DS's memory card into the computer, but what's the file directory to the Shuffle data?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For someone who is a complete newb at trying to hack his 3DS, what are the steps I need to take to make this work? I get that I need the PSSE.exe and I put my 3DS's memory card into the computer, but what's the file directory to the Shuffle data?

Go to http://smealum.github.io/3ds/, you'll see all the entrypoints that allow you to use homebrews on your 3ds. If your console is updated (aka firmware version 10.7), only the first 3 will work, so you'll need one of these games : cubic ninja, ocarina of time 3D or super mystery dungeon.

Read the instructions on the site. For cubic ninja, you can use the QR code level generator function to trigger the hax, for oot3d you'll need to inject a specific savefile (either from a pre-hacked 3ds or using the powersave), for mystery dungeon you'll also need to inject a specific savefile but it isn't possible to do so with a powersave yet.
Tell me if there's one solution you can use, you'll also need to download smea's starter kit and extract it at the root of your sd card (It contains the homebrew launcher and your first homebrews)

Once you have done this, you'll need to add an homebrew called svdt (it's a save manager). You'll find it here : https://github.com/meladroit/svdt/releases , create a "svdt" folder in your SD/3ds folder (that you copied from the starter kit) and put 4 files in it : svdt.3dsx, svdt.smdh, svdt.xml & asr.dat.

Once you've done all of this, you can launch the HBL from your entrypoints, then launch svdt.
Select svdt & choose Pokemon shuffle with left/right arrows on the D-pad to launch it.
When prompted if you want to overwrite the secure values, press A. After that, your save will automatically be dumped in SD/svdt/Pokemon Shuffle/<date&time>, so you can quit with start immediately.

Now you can insert your SD into your computer (or use microsd management on a n3ds) and copy your savedata.bin on it. Use then PSSE to do whatever you want and save the edited SAVEDATA.bin, then put it back on your 3ds (wherever you want).

Launch svdt again. It's main screen is made of 2 columns in which you can navigate : on the left is the space reserved for your savefile, while on the right is your SD card content. You can press Y on a file to copy it to the current directory of the other column, so find your edited savedata.bin on the right & press Y to inject it into your save (press select when asked to overwrite).

Now you can launch your game and you should see your edited content in it.

Tell me if you're stuck somewhere, I'll try to explain it further !

Reactions: Grim Ripper

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@supercarotte :

I see @nic0lette has not logged in to the site for the past 3 weeks. I hope there's nothing wrong..

In any case, I assume she lost interest, so I'm guessing you'll take lead on this now for any future improvement :) ?

Yeah, she more or less told me she had other projets to work on.

I'll take lead on this since I'm interested in it and it looks like I'm the closest to a dev left on this thread. Plus, I learnt a lot of C# with this project :lol:.
I'm still not a dev though, so I hope I'll keep on not screwing things up now that I'm alone on this :wink:.

Whil I'm here, here's my progress report^^ :
I made a few commits since the last release already, which added a few small functionalities.
Right now I'm on a great code refactoring (at least it looks enormous to me^^). I've added the lollipop wiewer/editor that was requested, as well as a number of click events too.
For now things look fine and nothing seems broken, but when I release all of this I'll probably write that it's even more beta than before^^. v1.3 doesn't seem to have encountered any major problem, so I think I could make it finale at the same time this release comes out.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright, I'm definitely pretty bad at code refactoring but, after a lot of trials and errors, it seems I put everything in a working state again ^^ Here's how PSSE looks at the moment :

a3MzTI0.png

I'll take that chance to ask for your help on 2 things :
  1. I don't have access to my 3DS at the moment so I'd like people to test PSSE in this state and report if things don't work in-game as they appear inside the tool ;
  2. I'd like to know what you think about PSSE's "user-friendliness". I've been trying to improve it for a while (I added a bunch of click events-based controls for example), but I'm not sure if it's to everyone's liking.
Here's a list of the changes I can think of right now :
  • Click on lollipop icon to switch between 0/max lollipops and corresponding level
  • Click on speedups icons to switch between 0/max speedups for that stone
  • Right Click on a stage sprite to (un)complete it
  • Left Click on a stage sprite to circle between ranks
  • Click on "Main Stages" label to toggle black stage sprites for uncompleted Main stages on/off.
  • Items gird auto-refreshes when updated (no need to click every value anymore)
  • If a Main stage is set as uncompleted, every stage after it are too. If it's set as completed, every stage before is set too.
  • Uncompleted Main stages have a black sprite by default (like what happens in-game), you can toggle it on/off by clicking the "Main stages" label.
  • Rank should now be properly updated to be at least equal to the minimum requirements for the current stage and level.
Here's the .exe for you to test. Please, do not use it as an official release because it's not (I shall remove it soon anyway and make a proper release on github) : PSSE.zip

Last edited by supercarotte,

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I'm definitely pretty bad at code refactoring but, after a lot of trials and errors, it seems I put everything in a working state again ^^ Here's how PSSE looks at the moment :

a3MzTI0.png

I'll take that chance to ask for your help on 2 things :
  1. I don't have access to my 3DS at the moment so I'd like people to test PSSE in this state and report if things don't work in-game as they appear inside the tool ;
  2. I'd like to know what you think about PSSE's "user-friendliness". I've been trying to improve it for a while (I added a bunch of click events-based controls for example), but I'm not sure if it's to everyone's liking.
Here's a list of the changes I can think of right now :
  • Click on lollipop icon to switch between 0/max lollipops and corresponding level
  • Click on speedups icons to switch between 0/max speedups for that stone
  • Right Click on a stage sprite to (un)complete it
  • Left Click on a stage sprite to circle between ranks
  • Click on "Main Stages" label to toggle black stage sprites for uncompleted Main stages on/off.
  • Items gird auto-refreshes when updated (no need to click every value anymore)
  • If a Main stage is set as uncompleted, every stage after it are too. If it's set as completed, every stage before is set too.
  • Uncompleted Main stages have a black sprite by default (like what happens in-game), you can toggle it on/off by clicking the "Main stages" label.
  • Rank should now be properly updated to be at least equal to the minimum requirements for the current stage and level.
Here's the .exe for you to test. Please, do not use it as an official release because it's not (I shall remove it soon anyway and make a proper release on github) : PSSE.zip

is there anything needed before calling it official? are there still any bugs?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
is there anything needed before calling it official? are there still any bugs?

The code probably needs some improvements yet, so I'd like at least to do that before making a proper release. This one is because everything looks to work fine right now and I need to make sure it does :).

It shouldn't contain bugs itself, but as I said I don't have my 3DS right now so I need you to tell me if something gets messed up in your savefile once imported back in game.

Reactions: noctis90210

luigismentor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.........I'll test this as soon as I can get a9lh and Luma installed, but I must ask: is Bellossom included? I may not be able to install them until after that particular event is over, and I can't upgrade to 11.0 or I'll lose oothax, which is currently my only access to homebrew.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm.........I'll test this as soon as I can get a9lh and Luma installed, but I must ask: is Bellossom included? I may not be able to install them until after that particular event is over, and I can't upgrade to 11.0 or I'll lose oothax, which is currently my only access to homebrew.

Yes, bellosom is included (I dumped the pokemon list from the 1.3.9 version if the game).

Though you don't need a9lh to use this, if you have access to HBL then svdt can import/export your savefile just fine.
EDIT : just réalised several jours later that you can't chek-in if you haven't updated to 11.0, so you can't access spécial stages... But you can give yourself bellosom using PSSE, even thought you don't have accès to it stage.

Last edited by supercarotte,

luigismentor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, good! I'm going through the trouble with a9lh because I needed a friend's help to install OoThax, and Reddit suggested I use a9lh so that I wouldn't have to worry about losing homebrew when I updated. Only thing stopping me is, my friend lives in Canada, and he mailed my game to me about a week ago, and I'm still waiting for it.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo changed it a while ago that you can't check in unless you are on the latest system version. Same goes for the Pokémon Bank. That's why I use emuNand.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nintendo changed it a while ago that you can't check in unless you are on the latest system version. Same goes for the Pokémon Bank. That's why I use emuNand.
You can just use NASA to install newest Friends Module and NVer and you can get online on Pokemon Shuffle from any SysNAND (I'm on 10.3 myself)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just use NASA to install newest Friends Module and NVer and you can get online on Pokemon Shuffle from any SysNAND (I'm on 10.3 myself)
That doesn't always work. One time I downgraded the Browser (to have shuffleshop) and I couldn't access the eShop unless I had the latest version of the browser.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That doesn't always work. One time I downgraded the Browser (to have shuffleshop) and I couldn't access the eShop unless I had the latest version of the browser.
Oh, yeah, I don't think it's possible to access anything that uses eShop funds in games in an way. I already tried (with Badge Arcade) to update NVer, Friends, eShop and Mint, as well as launching with Hans to spoof the firmware, but nothing worked.

But to play online (Friends module) and use games that log into Nintendo Network (NVer) it will work.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, yeah, I don't think it's possible to access anything that uses eShop funds in games in an way. I already tried (with Badge Arcade) to update NVer, Friends, eShop and Mint, as well as launching with Hans to spoof the firmware, but nothing worked.

But to play online (Friends module) and use games that log into Nintendo Network (NVer) it will work.
Pokémon Shuffle is the same where you must be on the latest. I guess because you can buy Jewels in the game. Same with PokéBank.

I did get it to work when I used the eShop Spoofer (can't remember what's it's called). It has the Shopping Bag with a Smile on it.

an07her

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaveDataFiler only gets me "arc" folder with about 12 CRC32-style named files and only one .bin (umpatch or something).
None of them are openable in PSSE. Any fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0