PSPGo+PS3Controller+Cradle+LKV8000?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ThemBats, Feb 28, 2014.

1. ThemBats
    OP

ThemBats Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2014
    Is anybody here using this setup or know of a different one?
    Turning the psp go into a console sounds kinda awesome.

BTW I know it's not cheap. I'm wondering generally about the quality here.

2. ThemBats
    OP

ThemBats Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2014
    So nobody plays PSP on they're TV's??

3. Belmondo

Belmondo GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2007
    New Zealand
    I have this setup without the LKV8000. At this time it would probably be best just getting a vita TV with one of the TNV exploited games...

4. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    More like, nobody here probably has an LKV8000. And even so, if I were able to go ahead and buy a video processor, at this point I would be going with an xrgb-mini Framemeister over anything else. And that thing ain't cheap.

5. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    I have a LKV8000. It is a digital version of LKV7000.

Couple things to take note of:
    * LKV8000 does not have a component input (no point in getting a cradle). For PSPGo you need an adapter on top of bundled cable which apparently does not come with the scaler.
    * Beside high-end scaler like XRGB, they probably are the only competent PSP scaler for budget user.
    * They are only suitable for TV user. Meaning if you play PSP game from a distance they look fine. Graphic looks bad when hook up to a PC monitor (playing at close distance).
    * Use 3.5mm port for audio. Don't use HDMI audio. This scaler has a horrible ADC (analog to digital audio converter) chip.

If you do save up the money for high end scaler, take note that for XRGB-Mini you either need to use composite cable (480i), or PSP D-Input (480p) cable. D-Input is a TV connection only used in Japan. Hence you need to import PSP D-Input cable.

You can also go with DVDO Edge. That supports Component out of the box, though adds quite a bit of lag unless you enable Gaming mode. Gaming mode however, sacrifice a bit of scaling capability.