Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
Vague Rant said:
As stated above, download-only systems make zero fucking sense in Australia, a country where download caps are extremely low and harshly enforced. Even if you leave out the fact that most people have painfully slow Internet in Australia, most people just don't have the bandwidth to spare on downloading (large) games. Sales in the "hundreds" is hilarious though, so at least the Go is good for something.
So a game that is no larger then 2GB is considered a big game? At 2GB a pop I could download 30 PSP games with a 60GB download limit. You guys are no worse off then us Canadians though, max download speed is 50Mb and only in large residential areas, my download speed is 10Mb which is decent enough for downloading any large files though, it only takes about 30 minutes to download a 4GB file. I am of the opinion though that stuff you purchase from an online store that is direct to drive or game patches and software updates should not count against your download cap, World of WarCraft almost made me go over my cap once and sadly that is just how internet companies like to fuck us over. It's not like there is a huge number of PSP games worth downloading either when you think about it.
I agree. You COULD buy 30 games but what would be the point due to the fact it would use up all of the download quota. If you did not know, Australia pays huge fees for internet (someone actually tried selling a plan for $200) and we do not get a huge amount of spped. I wish I could gt 10Mb. Heck, I would be happy with 1Mb but considering I am stuck with 500Kb, it is impracticle to actually buy a console that is entirelly digital content.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
sony needs to understand tht the reason ppl buy a device is mainly due to features and price and psp go doesnt improve on it's predecessors and it is too expensive
it is very well designed at least IMO and so is the DSi but u need to UPGRADE the system rather than improve it's appearance like PSP 1 2 3 and go are not different and i think this is really silly of them to do so for 4 handhelds... atleast DSi adds a camera and SD card but hey improve on tht too u know
i wish both of them release their updated consoles next year or soon

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Basically, what it amounts to is that Aussie's aren't as stupid as Sony thought they were. I'm glad the PSPGo is flopping....DSi should have flopped as hard.

Sony thinks they can dick-tate whatever they want.
Unfortunately i think the dsi's camera was too popular as a gimick...

TwoBladedKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
DSGamer64 said:
Vague Rant said:
As stated above, download-only systems make zero fucking sense in Australia, a country where download caps are extremely low and harshly enforced. Even if you leave out the fact that most people have painfully slow Internet in Australia, most people just don't have the bandwidth to spare on downloading (large) games. Sales in the "hundreds" is hilarious though, so at least the Go is good for something.
So a game that is no larger then 2GB is considered a big game? At 2GB a pop I could download 30 PSP games with a 60GB download limit. You guys are no worse off then us Canadians though, max download speed is 50Mb and only in large residential areas, my download speed is 10Mb which is decent enough for downloading any large files though, it only takes about 30 minutes to download a 4GB file. I am of the opinion though that stuff you purchase from an online store that is direct to drive or game patches and software updates should not count against your download cap, World of WarCraft almost made me go over my cap once and sadly that is just how internet companies like to fuck us over. It's not like there is a huge number of PSP games worth downloading either when you think about it.
I agree. You COULD buy 30 games but what would be the point due to the fact it would use up all of the download quota. If you did not know, Australia pays huge fees for internet (someone actually tried selling a plan for $200) and we do not get a huge amount of spped. I wish I could gt 10Mb. Heck, I would be happy with 1Mb but considering I am stuck with 500Kb, it is impracticle to actually buy a console that is entirelly digital content.

you think your 500kb/s is bad... my speed's 50kb/s...

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:

i'd say the average downlaod limit/month for australian families is around 10gb/mo. telstra and optus do like charging excess fees per mbyte as well, usually 10-15c a mbyte. which could end up being pretty costly. fastest speeds for the public is up to 24mbps, so about 3mb/s. though thats up to, most people only get around 800kb/s to 1.5mb/s download.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i think a main reason for the psp to fail is just the missing cartridge slot, the mayority of the gamers are not willing to buy and store unreal gameware they paid for, not yet. think the psp go is just part of sony's tactics to gain more money by just leaving the stores out of the software business, and don't even come along with new features which would be really useful for the gamers. see the dsi, it also have a minimum of new features e.g. the musicplayer which is only new for those who don't have an idea of the homebrew scene, the camera which isn't included in the most games, but it is still interesting new hardware, the sales are proof of this:.

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
TwoBladedKnight said:
Edgedancer said:
DSGamer64 said:
Vague Rant said:

you think your 500kb/s is bad... my speed's 50kb/s...

My broadband is 25kb/s.. When I see people talk about 500kb as if it's really bad, it annoys me. But I'm content with this speed; it's enough to fulfill my needs (forums, email... that's about it, really).

Back to the topic. Here in Australia, I didn't even know the PSP Go had been released yet. Where I live, I've yet to see the PSP Go in stock anywhere, whether it be stores like EB Games and Game Traders, stores like Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi, or even places like Kmart and Target. If it weren't for the internet, I'd be completely unaware of its existence.

tokyotenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Haha PSPGo flops. Somehow I'm happy with that news.
Here in Malaysia, interest in PSPGo is so-so.. people are not that excited, not really ignoring it either. But I thought PSPGo would be great until I found out it's download only.. how ridiculous. Due to currency exchange rate, Malaysia's money is tripled the US dollar.. so PSPGo cost around RM900, which is expensive beyond words.. with a couple of hundred bucks more we can get Wii and PS3.. even PSP3000 and DSi is lower than that.

Plus, very few people here can afford paying online game

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJ Hobo said:
My broadband is 25kb/s.. When I see people talk about 500kb as if it's really bad, it annoys me. But I'm content with this speed; it's enough to fulfill my needs (forums, email... that's about it, really).

Back to the topic. Here in Australia, I didn't even know the PSP Go had been released yet. Where I live, I've yet to see the PSP Go in stock anywhere, whether it be stores like EB Games and Game Traders, stores like Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi, or even places like Kmart and Target. If it weren't for the internet, I'd be completely unaware of its existence.
And I get annoyed when people can't distinguish Kb from KB. Unless you're telling us you really get roughly 3 KBps, in which case that is miserable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf