PSP2 to hit next Fall

smellyunicorn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around the time of the Tokyo Game Show, Sony held a private meeting at its offices in Tokyo's Aoyama. The purpose was to show off the PSP2.

Several sources have confirmed to Kotaku that the PSP2 does have a previously rumored touch panel on the back of the hardware. The touch panel was described as looking like a big mouse trackpad. When Sony showed the PSP2, it did not provide concrete details regarding how the trackpad will be implemented in games and instead is leaving that to the discretion of game developers.

The screen itself is not only sharper than the current PSP's, but about an inch larger. The larger screen means that the PSP2 will be larger as well. In the private meetings, Sony is touting the screen as "HD".

A larger PSP should not be that big of an issue for Sony — especially in a mobile environment with large tablets like the iPad. It also shows that Sony realizes it is no longer simply competing with Nintendo, but also Apple.

It is unclear whether this is the same handheld described by the Wall Street Journal. According to the paper, Sony is working on a device that mixes a game player, an e-book reader and a netbook computer.

In late September, there were also reports that the PSP2 hardware was in the hands of "numerous" developers.

Read the rest here

http://kotaku.com/5672410/psp2-will-be-big...ne=true&s=i

(first time I posted news sorry if the format is not right)

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already been posted, but nice try
smile.gif

http://gbatemp.net/t261878-psp2-has-a-touc...p;#entry3225118

Here's the format, too.

http://gbatemp.net/t249271-usn-template-user-submitted-news

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Oh no. It's even bigger than before? The PSP was nearly too big for me. Bugger, nobody actually carries an iPad around with them.

Nothing big then. We'd all heard the touch panel rumour before, but I don't know how useful a touch panel that you can't see while using it will be to gameplay.

I'll prolly get it when the price drops.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Oh no. It's even bigger than before? The PSP was nearly too big for me. Bugger, nobody actually carries an iPad around with them.

Nothing big then. We'd all heard the touch panel rumour before, but I don't know how useful a touch panel that you can't see while using it will be to gameplay.

Not enough info about it and you already saying that!!!
laugh.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
I get most systems when they're cheap. I'm certainly not a fanboy for Sony. Like, at all.
Nah ,I actually thought because you did not like Sony/ Sony's products that much, you not really to pay full price for any of their products.
laugh.gif

As in a super Nintendo fanboy / anti-Sony fanboy
tongue.gif

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I love one of the comments on there.
hazelnut1112 said:
Well it might be fun....

Because you can play Hot Potato with the PSP2.

While the touch panel on the back of the screen is an interesting idea, just how applicable can it be? And what about using it along with the front interface? Wouldn't that interfere with actually holding the system?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
trumpet-205 said:
Interesting, touch panel and HD are all appealing.

I might actually get this one, I skipped PSP.
HD doesn't mean anything. It stands for High Definition, and "High" is pretty subjective word. It certainly won't be what the TV industry considers HD, but it'll be a good high res for its screen size.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
HD doesn't mean anything. It stands for High Definition, and "High" is pretty subjective word. It certainly won't be what the TV industry considers HD, but it'll be a good high res for its screen size.
I know HD stands for High Definition. xD

default2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
trumpet-205 said:
Midna said:
I know HD stands for High Definition. xD

Dude you should get a PSP if you havent already!

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
While the touch panel on the back of the screen is an interesting idea, just how applicable can it be? And what about using it along with the front interface? Wouldn't that interfere with actually holding the system?
What about not speculating on rumours?
tongue.gif

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Midna said:

Not enough info about it and you already saying that!!!
laugh.gif
OFC knowing Sony the PSP2 will be $400. Yep i mean hey, it has HD XP.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Midna said:
trumpet-205 said:
Interesting, touch panel and HD are all appealing.

I might actually get this one, I skipped PSP.
To quote my PSP-section thread...

QUOTE(Rydian @ Oct 25 2010, 03:28 PM)
Several sources have confirmed to Kotaku that the PSP2 does have a previously rumored touch panel on the back of the hardware. The touch panel was described as looking like a big mouse trackpad. When Sony showed the PSP2, it did not provide concrete details regarding how the trackpad will be implemented in games and instead is leaving that to the discretion of game developers.[/p]Sounds like it could be used to aim in an FPS game? Move your finger along the back of the system and your aim on the screen changes as well. This can bring a new level of reflexes and stuff to FPS games without the usual "can't see through your hand" problem. It could be comfy or not depending on the shape of the system and such.

The screen itself is not only sharper than the current PSP's, but about an inch larger. The larger screen means that the PSP2 will be larger as well. In the private meetings, Sony is touting the screen as "HD".[/p]A larger screen sounds like they want to make it more media-oriented like current tablets and netbooks. Also as usual I call "bullshit" on the screen being High-Definition. They're most likely using "HD" as some other acronym, as High-Definition has a concrete term as defined by the US government of at least 1080x720.
People often get confused because companies will slap an "HD" label on something that's not High-Definition. "HD" is an acronym, so companies can use the term "HD" all they want, as long as they don't actually call it "High Definition" or "HD graphics". For example, HD Radio... is "Hybrid-Digital Radio".
tongue.gif

However, people see the "HD" and think "High Definition" and continue to think it's a subjective term meaning it's better. The companies don't correct people because it keeps the people buying anything with an "HD" label on it. Hell, I've seen them slap "HD" into the model number of a phone to get people to buy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.